Sponsored

Audio skipping / Android Auto not starting

DHermit

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Sep 8, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
89
Reaction score
12
Location
Orlando, FL
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Platinum
Hello all! I have a new 4Runner Platinum and I've found a couple issues I cannot seem to resolve. First, when I have my bluetooth on my phone on, I've previously connected to the system and ran android auto, and then I go and start the car for a new trip, it won't auto connect. I have to go to Profile > Connected Devices, and manually check "use android auto" every single time. I tried it with a USB cable into the nav system today and that seemed to work fine and automatically start.

I also have skipping of the audio ALL THE TIME. I can't get through 30 seconds of a song it feels like, without the auto cutting in and out for a second. I read in the manual that if you have the phone set for Hands Free Calling (Use for phone in settings) and Audio (Use for audio in settings), it can cause issues. However, if you turn on "use for android auto" it says that automatically turns on the first 2 options. So it feels like using AndroidAuto enables both settings, and both settings being on causes the audio issues? I assume others are having this same problem, would love to know if anyone has found a fix?
Sponsored

 

Roysleight

Trailhunter
Active member
First Name
Roger
Joined
Apr 14, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
34
Reaction score
9
Location
Redding, CA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Trailhunter, Underground
I was having the same issues and I finally disabled AA in my phone. I didn't use it for music anyway. Works great now, still connects to phone with Bluetooth for calls and messaging.
 

sartwell

TRD Sport Premium
Member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Apr 5, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
10
Reaction score
6
Location
77459
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD Sport Premuim
It happens to me with Apple using the beta of OS26
 

4jogger

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
52
Reaction score
12
Location
Socal
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Any fix? I am having the issue. It wasn't like this before and it has gotten progressively terrible. Can listen to 5 second of audio without cutting.
 

Bobcat

Platinum
New member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington, DC
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, Chevy S10
I am having a similar problem. Android Auto with a Galaxy S22. Worked fine for two weeks when I bought the vehicle, then I got an"Android Auto experienced an unexpected error" message for several days. Now AA does not even start. Does not matter if I connect it via USB or wireless. I have tried several suggestions on the phone but nothing has worked fix the problem
 

4jogger

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
52
Reaction score
12
Location
Socal
Vehicle(s)
4runner
I have an s22+ and I have the same issue. It also doesn't connect that well. I think it's the phone. In curious if people with more modern phones have the same issue
 

MikeD

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
599
Reaction score
488
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium - Heritage Blue Hybrid
Just a data point: I have S22+ and no issues with Android auto. Spotify music and connecting wireless. (I have some issues with onX but fairly certain it's the app)
 

Archer

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Apr 23, 2025
Threads
48
Messages
721
Reaction score
701
Location
Orwigsburg, Pa.
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 Runner TRD Pro
Are you starting the car manually, key fob, or app?

Key fob or app, if your phone is not within a certain distance it will not connect. Work around, once the initial screen startup, push the volume and hold until it turns off, release button and let it restart and reconnect with your phone.

Usually works but I've had this for a year and a half and it still disconnects completely from my phone and wife's occasionally, especially after using OnX offroad.


.
 

Bobcat

Platinum
New member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington, DC
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, Chevy S10
I normally get in the vehicle and press the start buttion. Phone in my pocket or on the charger. I have suspected the phone. The Toyota bluetooth apps function, I can play music, make/receive calls and text, etc.
 

ACJ

TRD Off-Road
Active member
Joined
Jan 7, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
33
Reaction score
26
Location
Portland Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2026 Toyota 4runner TRD Off-road i-force Max
Initially I had to disable Google VPN. Now android auto starts fine 3 out of 4 times. When it does not start I can get it to start by going into 4runner settings. Music fine when connected. I feel my 4runner is not persistent enough. If it does not see my phone immediately it gives up.
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
232
Reaction score
92
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Not the phone, its Toyotas issue. We both have Apple, not Android, and in the Old Ladys 25 LC theres hiccups in connectivity with both our phones.

My 26 4R? Yep, we both have connectivity hiccups as well
Sponsored

 
 







Top