there are pro/con for first year.It has been a minute since I last chimed in on this thread, but I have discovered a distinct advantage to buying a 1st-year model that was unknown or undisclosed in 2025. In 2025 a Platinum trim could get the ARB roof rack as a PIO option. They were offering more options for early adapters. As of 2026, the Platinum trim could no longer order the ARB 3/4 roof rack as a PIO because it was standard on the Trailhunter and a PIO only for the Pro, Off-Road, or Off-Road Premium trims. So, the advantage to a first-year model Platinum with the PIO ARB roof rack becomes a one-time opportunity to have it appear on the actual build sheet. It's a quirky thing, but I sure appreciate my roof rack a lot more now, and it would not have been possible had I waited. And, I absolutely love the vehicle.
the 22/23 platinum tundra had some quirks. in my region to get the auto running boards, you had to get avs and hud was included.
24+ now you can get the hud as a seperate line item. also they came out with trd off road package on the platinum 24+ years, 22/23 it wasnt even offered.
toyota does this up and down the model lines. then when a new gen come out they decontent stuff and slowly add QoL items back in over the model years. saw this on my 2004 4Runner. they had the better tail lights then when the 5th gen came out they reverted back to the crappy tail lights. but on the flip side they had those crappy reflectors in the bumper and then removed them after the refresh on the 4th gen
Sponsored