Sponsored

Wildshield Wiper Motor Noise

c20herrero

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Clifton Park, NY
Vehicle(s)
4runner TRD off road
I have a 2025 4Runner and I’m experiencing what sounds like the same issue. The noise is not coming from the wiper blades against the windshield. It sounds like a squeaking/whining mechanical noise coming from inside the dash/cowl area, possibly the wiper motor or linkage.

The noise has been present since the vehicle was new and I reported it at my 5,000-mile service. The dealer recently told me they compared it with similar newer 4Runners and considered it normal, but I’m not convinced. We previously owned a 4Runner for 14 years and 270,000 miles and never experienced this type of wiper noise.

Has anyone had Toyota or their dealer diagnose the actual source of the noise, replace the motor/linkage, or provide a repair that resolved it?
Sponsored

 

Mike41536

TRD Sport Premium
New member
Joined
Sep 26, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Location
Iowa
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Sport Premium
I have a 2025 4Runner and I’m experiencing what sounds like the same issue. The noise is not coming from the wiper blades against the windshield. It sounds like a squeaking/whining mechanical noise coming from inside the dash/cowl area, possibly the wiper motor or linkage.

The noise has been present since the vehicle was new and I reported it at my 5,000-mile service. The dealer recently told me they compared it with similar newer 4Runners and considered it normal, but I’m not convinced. We previously owned a 4Runner for 14 years and 270,000 miles and never experienced this type of wiper noise.

Has anyone had Toyota or their dealer diagnose the actual source of the noise, replace the motor/linkage, or provide a repair that resolved it?
I took my 2026 in this week for service and mentioned the wiper noise. They compared with one they had on the lot and determined that it’s not normal. They’re replacing the entire wiper assembly for me next week and I’ll update with the result.
 

c20herrero

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Clifton Park, NY
Vehicle(s)
4runner TRD off road
I took my 2026 in this week for service and mentioned the wiper noise. They compared with one they had on the lot and determined that it’s not normal. They’re replacing the entire wiper assembly for me next week and I’ll update with the result.
Thanks for the update. That’s very helpful, especially since your dealer also determined the noise is not normal.

Please keep us posted after they replace the wiper assembly and let us know whether it completely resolves the noise. I’d really appreciate hearing the outcome.
 

c20herrero

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Clifton Park, NY
Vehicle(s)
4runner TRD off road
I took my 2026 in this week for service and mentioned the wiper noise. They compared with one they had on the lot and determined that it’s not normal. They’re replacing the entire wiper assembly for me next week and I’ll update with the result.
Hi Mike,

Thanks again for the update! When you have the wiper assembly replaced on Monday, could you please let us know if it resolves the noise?

Also, would you mind sharing the name and phone number of the Toyota dealership performing the repair? I’d really appreciate it, as I’d like to pass that information along to my local Toyota dealer here in Clifton Park, NY, so they can follow up with your dealer if needed.

Thanks again for your help, and I look forward to hearing how everything turns out!
 

Mike41536

TRD Sport Premium
New member
Joined
Sep 26, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Location
Iowa
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Sport Premium
Hi Mike,

Thanks again for the update! When you have the wiper assembly replaced on Monday, could you please let us know if it resolves the noise?

Also, would you mind sharing the name and phone number of the Toyota dealership performing the repair? I’d really appreciate it, as I’d like to pass that information along to my local Toyota dealer here in Clifton Park, NY, so they can follow up with your dealer if needed.

Thanks again for your help, and I look forward to hearing how everything turns out!
Absolutely, I will circle back on Monday with whether or not it resolved it.

Dealership is McGrath Toyota of Iowa City 319-264-6829
 
 







Top