Sponsored

Rellims

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Sean
Joined
Jan 14, 2025
Threads
25
Messages
537
Reaction score
751
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
ORP - Underground
Here in Colorado I traded in a heavily modded Tacoma when I got the 4runner and watched it sell in 3 days for $8k over the trade in value. Nice little flip for the dealer. But point being the location matters, lot's of people wanting a mountain ready Tacoma here.
Sponsored

 

youngolf

TRD Sport
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
46
Reaction score
13
Location
Southeast
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey
Found an awesome deal on a Trailhunter and had to snag it. Started the deal right when the dealer opened. Had 2 others come check out the 4Runner while I was finalizing the paperwork.

20261003_100753.webp
20261003_112623.webp
20261003_112631.webp
Found an awesome deal on a Trailhunter and had to snag it. Started the deal right when the dealer opened. Had 2 others come check out the 4Runner while I was finalizing the paperwork.

20261003_100753.webp
20261003_112623.webp
20261003_112631.webp
I got a great deal back in May, 2026. The Trailhunter is put together like a sherman tank....built and feels like a beast. It is one of first vehicles I smile at every time I look at and drive. It breaks in, and now at 6,000 miles I get 20-24 mpg depending on how fast I drive, which is conservatively, therefore safer. If someone totaled it, I'd get another one.
 

SHERLCK

Trailhunter
New member
First Name
Nathan
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2025 Trailhunter Ice Cap
Congrats on your new Trailhunter!

Here in Colorado I traded in a heavily modded Tacoma when I got the 4runner and watched it sell in 3 days for $8k over the trade in value. Nice little flip for the dealer. But point being the location matters, lot's of people wanting a mountain ready Tacoma here.
Agree with this sentiment. For the right buyer a modified vehicle is genuinely interesting/preferable! I live in CO and used stock Trailhunters were north of $66K during the summer and I just couldn't handle that. I test drove and was set to buy a gold certified 1-owner Trailhunter in MO for $62K, but flew to WA instead to look at a modified Trailhunter. Drove it back to CO. The only reason I felt comfortable even going to WA was because I found the gentleman's build threads on this site and felt reasonably sure the work was done well (confirmed during buying trip and by RSG Offroad inspection). H/t bt75cj5 for building it to my preferred spec! No idea what he traded it in for, but dealer listing was $64k and I offered $62k.

Featured mods in the listing that made it desirable for me as they were going to be out of pocket costs to me eventually: OTT tune (unspecified version), Westcott lift, 35" tires, KMC wheels, front steel and hidden winch bumper, 12K Zeon winch.

It had almost all the protection and other factory options, had already replaced the rails with a more functional step (I have a short spouse and two young boys), and loads of subtle mods that I've tried to catalog that weren't part of the listing (quality tinted windows, screen protector, hood struts, etc.). Two months into ownership and I would absolutely do it again.
 
OP
OP
emerson

emerson

Trailhunter
Active member
First Name
Emerson
Joined
Jul 15, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
27
Reaction score
33
Location
Las Vegas
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trailhunter
Yeah, that’s not bad at all. Plus, long as the numbers are “mathing” in the endthat’s what counts.

That’s a good point, some vehicles do have a better over all resale compared to others. Naturally, supply and demand.

It’s honest crazy some of the resale value on 4Runners, and I’m going to guess Tacomas as-well! I’m hoping these 6th gen’s hold on like the 5th gen’s, but I’m thinking not. But, we shall see!

I'm seeing used 4Runners sell over sticker priced of new ones right now. I traded in my 4 month SR5 for almost the same price I bought it for. Unheard of with any other cars. 4Runners and Tacomas have the best resale value.
 

Silver Bullet

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
D
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
39
Reaction score
16
Location
Cali
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD ORP
I'm seeing used 4Runners sell over sticker priced of new ones right now. I traded in my 4 month SR5 for almost the same price I bought it for. Unheard of with any other cars. 4Runners and Tacomas have the best resale value.
Yeah, the resale on these are insane! I was kind of worried these 6th gen might not hold up as well, but it’s seeming I’m wrong.
Sponsored

 
 







Top