Sponsored

Tire size and offset question

kuyaariel

TRD Sport
Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
21
Reaction score
9
Location
Clearwater
Vehicle(s)
4runner TRD Sport
Hello, New owner of a Heritage blue iforce max limited. Looking to replace the wheels with Black Rhino Congo wheels in brushed finish. I don’t intend to lift. I also don’t want to trim.

I know I want a 17” wheels. 17”x8.5”. Not sure what offset I should get. +25 or +35? Also, what size tires? I know I’ve had success with Nitto Ridge grapplers in the past. Should I get 265/70r17?
Sponsored

 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
65
Messages
2,732
Reaction score
1,552
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
be very careful 17in oem rims just barely clear the brake hardware i think maybe 1in clearance.

there is actually a tsb on 17in wheels and vehicles getting mud cakes in the wheels causing brake issues.
 
OP
OP

kuyaariel

TRD Sport
Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
21
Reaction score
9
Location
Clearwater
Vehicle(s)
4runner TRD Sport
be very careful 17in oem rims just barely clear the brake hardware i think maybe 1in clearance.

there is actually a tsb on 17in wheels and vehicles getting mud cakes in the wheels causing brake issues.
I was thinking of getting some Black Rhino Congo wheels
 

828findadventure

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 30, 2025
Threads
30
Messages
314
Reaction score
260
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma & Tundra
Hello, New owner of a Heritage blue iforce max limited. Looking to replace the wheels with Black Rhino Congo wheels in brushed finish. I don’t intend to lift. I also don’t want to trim.

I know I want a 17” wheels. 17”x8.5”. Not sure what offset I should get. +25 or +35? Also, what size tires? I know I’ve had success with Nitto Ridge grapplers in the past. Should I get 265/70r17?
These are 17x8 +25 Method MR16s with 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT4s no rub before and after lift.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Tire size and offset question IMG_2960
Sponsored

 
 







Top