Sponsored

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
182
Reaction score
139
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
Haven't done the tune yet. I do monitor fuel trim, fault codes, and other performance data with my ODB reader. The EUC seems to have dialed in to the increased airflow.
Sponsored

 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
182
Reaction score
139
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
And yes that's a Victory 4X4 powder coated aluminum engine cover. Much better than the plastic ones I've been seeing. Aids in heat dissipation.
 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
182
Reaction score
139
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
Anyone happen to have any sound clips of this intake?
Don't have a sound clip but with the snorkel inlet cover removed the turbo sound is awesome! Noticeable sound upgrade and improved performance for sure.
 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
182
Reaction score
139
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
Looks great. Did you do a tune yet? You really want it to wake up the tune will utilize all the parts together and fix the issues Toyota didn’t. After a week go through and check the clamps due to cycles. Banks recommended that to me.
I did check and tighten all the clamps. I recommend doing this after some run time. The boost tubes are definitely worth doing if you want the full benefits of increased air flow plus they are much higher quality than the OEM tubes and also look great.
 

JCP

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
67
Reaction score
16
Location
Bay Area
Vehicle(s)
2026 4runner TRD Offroad Premium
And yes that's a Victory 4X4 powder coated aluminum engine cover. Much better than the plastic ones I've been seeing. Aids in heat dissipation.
Looks clean. Curious, how does it help w heat dissipation?

Btw, thanks for posting. I was debating between Afe and Banks. Going w banks.
 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
182
Reaction score
139
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
Looks clean. Curious, how does it help w heat dissipation?

Btw, thanks for posting. I was debating between Afe and Banks. Going w banks.
Good choice you'll be glad. Engine sits up above the engine rather than down on top allowing for good air circulation. Also, aluminum is a goid heat conductor helping heat transfer. I would think plastic covers that sit down on engine would trap heat plus plastic is not a good heat conductor.
 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
182
Reaction score
139
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
Good choice you'll be glad. Engine sits up above the engine rather than down on top allowing for good air circulation. Also, aluminum is a goid heat conductor helping heat transfer. I would think plastic covers that sit down on engine would trap heat plus plastic is not a good heat conductor.
Meant to say engine cover sits up above.
Sponsored

 
 







Top