ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 FJ55, 2015 4Runner Trail, 2022 Rivian R1T
Agreed, that front spoiler would have to immediately come off. On the Taco it is very easily removed. A test indicated it was good for something like 0.7 MPG.

Subjective, but I like the styling much better than the LC. The GX550 looks better than the LC, but of course only in my opinion.
Yeah styling is all subjective. I like the LC and also agree that the GX looks better than both.

You basically have 3 very similar platforms with different styling and minor options differences. I think that's a good thing.

Reactions: MJE

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
oh well, no manual, why?....no 4runner for me....just have to keep my rubicon, and maybe look at the bronco....
Think it's too early to tell what all the trims have in what fashion. These pictures show Limited, TRD PRO and Trailhunter which is all upper side. Example: Tacoma TRD sport has manual.

Regarding the Scoop. If it follows Tacoma, then Sport, limited and SR trims have it.

side note: I dislike the GX styling. But then again, I've never been a fan of Lexus series styles. Shows how personal it can be eh?

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
and is built in Japan but we will see tonight.
Even odds at best I think. It is basically a Taco with a different body. However, that could also be said of the LC.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I was snooping around on Twitter (ok X) and found this string with someone that seems to have quite a bit to say. Pardon formatting, for whatever reason I couldn't do screenshots

Ryan Gregg
@ryanwgregg

2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in Mudbath (New for 25MY)
Expected to be Hybrid Only (unconfirmed)

i-FORCE MAX with 8-spd Auto
326 HP & 465 lb.-ft. of torque
TRD-tuned Fox 2.5" QS3 Internal Bypass Suspension (unconfirmed)
33" (265/70R18) Toyo Open Country All-Terrain Tires
---------
2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter in Everest (New for 25MY)

Expected to be Hybrid Only (unconfirmed)
Old Man EMU 2.5" Shocks w/ Remote Reservoirs
33" (265/70R18) Toyo Open Country All-Terrain Tires
ARB Roof Rack
----------
2025 Toyota 4Runner Limited in Heritage Blue (New for 25MY)
Expected to be Hybrid & Non-Hybrid (unconfirmed)

i-FORCE with 8-spd Auto
278 HP & 317 lb.-ft. of torque

brewdad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500
A couple days ago I watched a video of a retired engineer who was convinced the new 6gen would continue to be built in Japan. He said the two Tacoma plants in Mexico had no additional capacity to produce 4runner and showed no signs of plant expansions.

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
Love it! Sign me up for a limited hybrid!

But I'll want to remove that awful front spoiler and swap the grill for the TRD "Toyota" look at some point.
Ya, I do not like that grill. I realize it is like the Taco limited, but it looks cut in half.

Also, the Limited looks like an Explorer in profile since it deleted the roof rails.

TACOMA4G24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLANK
A couple days ago I watched a video of a retired engineer who was convinced the new 6gen would continue to be built in Japan. He said the two Tacoma plants in Mexico had no additional capacity to produce 4runner and showed no signs of plant expansions.
I saw that video and I am hoping that is the case but still not sure. Hopefully that info will be released tonight at the reveal.