Is the restriction the throttle body inlet elbow? I noticed there was no mention of an upgrade to this in your build list.
Would be interested to see, if this is the case, how much additional power can be made with the increased efficiency in the intake tract.
Just installed the AMS throttle...
I agree that the factory fog light fit, finish, and adjustability is superior. I didn't realize I cared about these things as much as I do when I first bought my diodes.
One big reason I bought them was for the backlight actually. I wanted them to match my 4Runner trd pro headlights amber DRLs...
I never tried to install them both right side up since the instructions didnt specify it. The factory wiring is setup to connect at the outboard side. There was enough harness from the diode light for either orientation, I believe. Trying to visualize where the wiring would end up if run from...
Hey, what did FaF say about shielding or thermal protection on their downpipe, will they do it?
I was initially looking at the OTT but loved how much cleaner the welds looked on the FaF. If they are pushing people to the FaF I might just go there instead. I would like some type of heat...
I am happy you like this one. Not many people post about it. And, their youtube videos suck ass showing how it sounds - it is way better in person and daily driving. I had this on my Tacoma for a few months and loved it but had to take it off due to cash needs at the time. Will most likely put...
Nice. The ceramic coating looks kinda cool. And hey, sometimes it makes more sense to get things done by a professional! No problem with that. Your truck sounds like it is a lot of fun. Nothing better than driving a slow car fast!
Thank you for the review. What is the black coating on your downpipe? I would assume some sort of thermal coating, but i am not sure. Did you do this yourself? Did you have it professionally done somewhere?
I have installed these on my Tacoma and may be able to chime in a bit.
If you watch the install video on their site or follow the QR code they send you in the package, you find instructions for their old SS6 light kit. These are the ones that dont have the nice lense - they kinda look like they...
No worries, it was just copy and paste from my own notes for my build. Really only wrote the first paragraph and fixed a couple typos throughout.
The snorkel has been one of my favorite mods but I do understand how polarizing it is for owners of the new Tacoma/4Runners.
Have fun on the rest...
Bro right here i got you, install the snorkel and make the TH owners cringe even more. Should be same parts as Tacoma except for the fender. For all of the parts below, the actual parts you order may have different numbers because toyota keeps superseding part numbers. If youre really unsure...
Rears will fit. Fronts will also fit but you would need to also swap the front bumper cover pieces where the front of the flare connects with the pro/TH style for a perfect fit. I had to do the same for my Tacoma. I do not have parking sensors in front, but if you do you might want to look into...
If you remember, could you please do a before and after sound clip of start up and/or driving? It would be interesting to know exactly how the exhaust sound changes. If you remember. Otherwise, your impressions of that would be awesome.
I am also interested if you notice any differences driving...
I appreciate your explanation of the engineering intent behind the new design. Thank you for taking the time to address my concerns and answer all questions. This has been of significant help in my decision making process for a future upgrade.
Sounds like a good move.
Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit with the questions. Your post is the first I've seen where someone actually received one in person and I got curious as to why certain OEM features were omitted.
Actually have a couple more questions - it looks like the OEM downpipe is supported at about 3/4 of the pipe length with a "manifold stay" bracket that bolts onto the engine or transmission or something in that area. It looks like there is something similar on your GR pipe, but no support...
Thank you for the info and I'm glad you folks offer a solution. I thought I'd check because it reminded me of aftermarket exhaust systems where pretty much all of them don't come with any heatshields contrary to what the OEM system has. I figured Toyota added heatshields on these components for...
Does the OEM downpipe heat shield transfer over to this downpipe?
Does it come with its own heatshield?
Or, is it up to the end user to figure out how to manage heat from the downpipe?