Sponsored

Recent content by MikeD

  1. Do DIY oil changes impact Carfax value?

    Fair question. I assume so but do not know for sure. But where else would the records come from if not that same list?
  2. Off road with front sway bar unbolted

    I disconnected the single nut on the link. It took a LOT of force to remove - finally broke it free with a 10” steel pipe extension on my large craftsman 1/2” socket wrench. (The spec torque slightly exceeds the 150 lb-ft on my large torque wrench - 160?). The links easily rotated out of the...
  3. Audio skipping / Android Auto not starting

    Just a data point: I have S22+ and no issues with Android auto. Spotify music and connecting wireless. (I have some issues with onX but fairly certain it's the app)
  4. Backup camera relocation kit development - need tester for free kit

    Here are the two cameras. I believe the DRV is on the left under the O and the backup is on the right under the T. If you have a kit for both I'm likely to be a customer. Have been considering both hitch and bumper-based swing out carriers for my 285/75R18 spare but need this problem solved...
  5. Do DIY oil changes impact Carfax value?

    And to be clearer than I was above, you can add a record of ANY maintenance, not just DIY
  6. Do DIY oil changes impact Carfax value?

    You can add DIY maintenance to the official toyota record. Log into your toyota dashboard. Go to service record and add an entry. I just did it an hour ago for recent work I completed: oil change, differentials, air filter, etc.
  7. Any updates on OEM 2.5" TRD Suspension Lift?

    I was looking at OME MT64 and a diff drop was included in the quote from a reputable off-road shop to go with the full OME MT64 kit (2135K) - I think the longer (and slightly beefier) axels in the Toyota TRD Lift kit (plus the beefier knuckles) are a better solution for overcoming the CV angle...
  8. HOW TO DEFEAT BACKUP SENSORS?

    Disable Parking Support Brake (PKSB) via the Multi-information Display (MID). Worth looking up in manual so you get comfortable with how to adjust the safety features (I don't think Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) comes into play in this scenario, but it might.). Yours is a classic issue for...
  9. Toyota Wheels - Finish Confusion

    I’ve not rechecked the part numbers, but here is a photo I posted in another thred with the TRD Pro wheel and TRD Flat black option wheels - the finish is not hugely different but sounds like you want the TRD Pro wheel. (Or maybe you like the look of the stock TRD OR wheel with the chrome...
  10. My Brain is Fried!

    Yep TRD lift. Very slight rake. Heavier duty rear springs for weight. Keep the TRD Flat black wheels Upgrade to 275/70 for no chance of rub when original tires need to be replaced (<50k mi) or earlier if you want. 285/70 will also fit with small chance of rubbing on crash plate. Easy...
  11. Added some color to the letters on my skid plate with paint marker

    Mine has taken some abuse :D Did the blue with toyota touch up paint. Marker would be easier, I'm sure.
  12. Differential Fluid Change DIY Guide (Front & Rear Diff) - for 2025+ 4Runner 6th gen

    Yep - I realized after I posted that I had missed a page in my quick look at the chart. I too will change in accordance with the maintenance chart recomendation.
  13. Anyone in N. VA

    Very true😂
  14. Wolfbox MV24A 4000A - Jump Starter & Air Compressor - Review

    I won mine through a contest here. Great little device that had me postpone installing the THunter compressor on my TRD ORP. I've used it to air up from 18 to 35 PSI about 15 times. Only issue is that it tends to overheat after two or so tires. With typical cool down time on a hot day, 4 tires...
  15. Anyone in N. VA

    Norther VA is getting farther and farther south. ;) Both you guys are reasonably close to Bald Mtn. And are much closer to Potts Mtn Jeep trail than I am. If you are equipped (armor, rock sliders) it is quite the adventure. I'll not have the chance to get back to Bald Mtn or Union Springs...



Top