Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
2025 4RUNNER IS HALF TACOMA & HALF LAND CRUISER - BEST OF BOTH WORLDS? 4RUNNER vs OTHER TNGA-Fs

Did you know that the 2025 Toyota 4Runner is more like half of a Tacoma (B-pillar forward), and half of a Land Cruiser (B-pillar rearward)? And did you know that the 6th Gen 4Runner's Chief Engineer is Keita Moritsu, who is also the Chief Engineer for the new Land Cruiser? (though Sheldon Brown, Chief Engineer of the new Tacoma, worked closely with Moritsu to collaborate on the 4Runner development). These are some of the interesting insights David talks about in this video, where he also provides backgrounds about other TNGA-F vehicles such as the new Land Cruiser, Tacoma, Tundra and Sequoia.

JIMIPRO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4R V8, 24 4Runner TRD Pro, 67 Dodge R/T
I can't wait until tomorrow when the iFORCEMAX and LC reviews are released. It will be interesting to see how the hybrids feel. Really want to see the LC reviews tomorrow.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Considering there are 5 vehicles built on the same frame, Toyota is obviously attempting to save money. Therefore, I'm almost certain that most chassis and frame mounted equipment will be interchangeable. I'm all about this, because I've never owned a stock vehicle for long after purchase. I Frankenstein all my stuff! This is a great platform, because with all the options, you can use OEM stuff, without fear of stepping outside the warranty.