Markarian421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJC TTUE MT
The Ground Clearance on the First Edition and Premium is 8.7". Considering it's being compared to the TRD version of 4runnuer the chart should probably use the 8.7" number.
Agree -- I can't find the 8" number anywhere, just 8.7". Does anyone have a better source for ground clearance vs. trim level for either LC or 4Runner? I'd suspect it's a bit higher on the offroad 4Runner trims than the non-offroad trims.

pavel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
any ideas where to look up non-core specs for both? Smaller things like:
  • sheet metal used for body panels (same thickness? same alloy?)
  • is windows glass double pane for any of two? for all windows?
  • body paint thickness (afaik lexus normally gets thicker layer, what about LC?)
  • combined legroom (it seems that LC's second row gets more leg room, but what's this "more" in numbers?)
  • headroom 1st/2nd row with(out) moonroof
  • cargo area volume (hybrid, non hybrid)
  • mechanical stuff (are same driveshafts are used? same radiators? same front diffs? same steering rack, etc...)

Most reviews online are like "hey, hi, hello! here is your ground clearance and horse power. Look, that's me on the second row. Good bye!" :)

For some demographics (families, dog owners or both) cargo volume will be important aspect in decision making. I guess it is obvious that 4R non-hybrid will have more space than hybrid 4R, but how non-hybrid 4R compares to LC (LC is ~5" taller, how does it affect cargo area)?

Last edited:

Markarian421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJC TTUE MT
I've been compiling an expanded version of this comparison table for my own decision purposes. A couple recent points:

In this video a Toyota engineer at a SEMA measuring event says the Lexus GX and LC are designed to fit 33" tires stock and in general to avoid needing body mount chops. Probably applies to the 4Runner as well.
My Next SUV Build? Parked Side-By-Side: New Lexus GX vs Toyota Land Cruiser!

In this video David gets close enough to the tire on the 4Runner Trailhunter to see it has the same 265/70R18 size tire as the Land Cruiser. At this point I'm going to guess that's what all the 4Runners have.
30 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT 2025 TOYOTA 4RUNNER // PLUS ENGINEER'S QUALITY CHECK