Sliding Cargo Tray option for 6th gen 4Runner?

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
Has anyone see if they will still have a sliding tray option for the rear hatch?

Old Spice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3 currently
Has anyone see if they will still have a sliding tray option for the rear hatch?
They haven't shown a sliding cargo tray deck accessory yet but I hope it'll be be an offered OEM accessory part. They're real useful.

2025 Toyota 4runner Sliding Cargo Tray option for 6th gen 4Runner? sliding-tray-

TheBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner Trail, 2022 GR86
They haven't shown a sliding cargo tray deck accessory yet but I hope it'll be be an offered OEM accessory part. They're real useful.

sliding-tray-jpg.jpg
I've always disrespected the sliding tray in my 2010 Trail Edition because it is such a pain to clean underneath. But I didn't realize that it is what gave me the completely flat floor with the rear seats folded that I love so much. So now after almost 15 years I've finally given the cargo tray some love.

Last edited:
OP
OP

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
I've always disrespected the sliding tray in my 2010 Trail Edition because it is such a pain to clean underneath. But I didn't realize that it is what gave me the completely flat floor with the rear seats folded that I love so much. So now after amongst 15 years I've finally given the cargo tray some love.
That won't be the case for the new model as they changed the way the 2nd row seats work. The back folds onto the base rather than the base folding forward the back folding flat. The 2nd row does tumble forward, but that is not enough room to sleep in. You either have to remove the 2nd row or build a platform lifting the cargo area to the folded 2nd row height.

That said my feelings are mixed. There are definitely advantages with the new design.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

sliding-tray-jpg.jpg
I like it, I doubt it will work with the Hybrid 4Runner though. With the battery and raised floor.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
That won't be the case for the new model as they changed the way the 2nd row seats work. The back folds onto the base rather than the base folding forward the back folding flat. The 2nd row does tumble forward, but that is not enough room to sleep in. You either have to remove the 2nd row or build a platform lifting the cargo area to the folded 2nd row height.

That said my feelings are mixed. There are definitely advantages with the new design.
I didn't care for it either, but then I noticed it's the same design on Grand highlander and LC models. So...I ended up deciding to work with it or move onto something else. :\