olefriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra A90
BFGoodrich KO3 tires have been officially launched. Thought this was a really good video comparing KO3 vs KO2 tires and also about all-terrain tires in general.

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner TRD off-road
Here's what I was able to find:

When comparing BF Goodrich KO3 tires to KO2 tires, several key differences stand out.

Off-Road Performance: The KO2 tires are well-regarded for their exceptional off-road capabilities, particularly in challenging terrains like mud, snow, and rocks. They feature an aggressive tread pattern and robust construction, which provide excellent traction and durability. However, the KO3 tires offer enhanced off-road performance due to their fortified design, making them even more reliable in tough conditions.

On-Road Performance: The KO3 tires provide a smoother and quieter ride compared to the KO2. This improvement is due to the optimized tread pattern and advanced technology that reduce road noise and enhance comfort. The KO3 tires are designed to balance on-road comfort with off-road capability, making them a better choice for daily driving.

Wet and Snow Performance: The KO3 tires show significant advancements in wet and snow performance. They feature an improved tread design and softer rubber compound, which enhance traction and braking in wet conditions. The KO3 tires also perform better in snowy and icy conditions compared to the KO2, thanks to their updated siping and tread pattern.

Durability and Tread Life: The KO3 tires come with a longer treadwear warranty, often up to 60,000 miles, compared to the KO2's 50,000 miles. This indicates better durability and a longer lifespan for the KO3 tires. Additionally, the KO3 tires maintain their performance more consistently as they wear down, thanks to their higher silica content and lighter structure.

Comfort and Noise: The KO3 tires provide a more comfortable and quieter ride than the KO2. The newer design minimizes road noise and vibrations, enhancing the overall driving experience, especially on highways and paved roads.

Price and Fuel Efficiency: While the KO2 tires are slightly more affordable due to being an older model, the KO3 tires offer better fuel efficiency and performance features, justifying their slightly higher price point. The KO3's optimized tread design reduces rolling resistance, leading to better fuel economy.

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm wondering how a dealership would handle a request to swap out the Toyo tires for a set of KO3's. Would this be doable? I understand that there is a price difference.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
I'm wondering how a dealership would handle a request to swap out the Toyo tires for a set of KO3's. Would this be doable? I understand that there is a price difference.
Probably specific to dealership, manager and your negotiated deal. I’m sure some (or most) would grant the request as long as you pay for the price difference. That’s a good idea though, I’m gonna keep that in mind.

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably specific to dealership, manager and your negotiated deal. I’m sure some (or most) would grant the request as long as you pay for the price difference. That’s a good idea though, I’m gonna keep that in mind.
I just figured why go through the hassle of getting tires that you really didn't want and then half to try and sell them later.

b407driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner Trail P KDSS
Here's what I was able to find:

When comparing BF Goodrich KO3 tires to KO2 tires, several key differences stand out.

Off-Road Performance: The KO2 tires are well-regarded for their exceptional off-road capabilities, particularly in challenging terrains like mud, snow, and rocks. They feature an aggressive tread pattern and robust construction, which provide excellent traction and durability. However, the KO3 tires offer enhanced off-road performance due to their fortified design, making them even more reliable in tough conditions.

On-Road Performance: The KO3 tires provide a smoother and quieter ride compared to the KO2. This improvement is due to the optimized tread pattern and advanced technology that reduce road noise and enhance comfort. The KO3 tires are designed to balance on-road comfort with off-road capability, making them a better choice for daily driving.

Wet and Snow Performance: The KO3 tires show significant advancements in wet and snow performance. They feature an improved tread design and softer rubber compound, which enhance traction and braking in wet conditions. The KO3 tires also perform better in snowy and icy conditions compared to the KO2, thanks to their updated siping and tread pattern.

Durability and Tread Life: The KO3 tires come with a longer treadwear warranty, often up to 60,000 miles, compared to the KO2's 50,000 miles. This indicates better durability and a longer lifespan for the KO3 tires. Additionally, the KO3 tires maintain their performance more consistently as they wear down, thanks to their higher silica content and lighter structure.

Comfort and Noise: The KO3 tires provide a more comfortable and quieter ride than the KO2. The newer design minimizes road noise and vibrations, enhancing the overall driving experience, especially on highways and paved roads.

Price and Fuel Efficiency: While the KO2 tires are slightly more affordable due to being an older model, the KO3 tires offer better fuel efficiency and performance features, justifying their slightly higher price point. The KO3's optimized tread design reduces rolling resistance, leading to better fuel economy.
Is this ChatGPT again?

Oddly, I tried using it for the first time yesterday just to see what all the fuss was, and engaged it on a subject I know a bit about. After it told me something that was factually incorrect, I corrected it with factually incorrect information, and it then parroted it back to me as if it was fact.

If you are going to answer people's questions using ChatGPT, you should probably provide attribution of the source of the answer, so that people know that it may not be factually correct, not that it's much different than some rando on the internet answering a question... lol

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this ChatGPT again?

Oddly, I tried using it for the first time yesterday just to see what all the fuss was, and engaged it on a subject I know a bit about. After it told me something that was factually incorrect, I corrected it with factually incorrect information, and it then parroted it back to me as if it was fact.

If you are going to answer people's questions using ChatGPT, you should probably provide attribution of the source of the answer, so that people know that it may not be factually correct, not that it's much different than some rando on the internet answering a question... lol
Point taken.

More than 50% of the public, if you gave them false information, would probably pass that on as fact as well IMO.