Estimated prices for 2025 4Runner Hybrid trims - by KBB + Car and Driver

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
Just saw the Hybrid 2024 Tacoma pricing. We’re in for some disappointing news.
Note the Hybrid versions of those trims are adding way more than just the hybrid drivetrain. They Hybrid trims have many more standard features. For example, the Tacoma Hybrid Limited has Full-Time 4WD when the non-hybrid does not. For equivalent features the added cost of the Hybrid should not be that bad. Probably around $3K.

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
The TRD off road premium in the KBB estimates seems to be the most interesting. If you add $5k in extras it's still in the 55K range. I guess we have to wait as these estimates can vary a lot based on whats included and what packages you need to buy. Manufacturers have their way to make sure you have to spend another 5-10k in packages because otherwise you miss a few very important safety or tech features.

Fhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRVs
Given the released Tacoma hybrid prices, the KBB estimates are way too low. Car & Driver estimates probably will be close. IMO.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Given the released Tacoma hybrid prices, the KBB estimates are way too low. Car & Driver estimates probably will be close. IMO.
I disagree. The LC standard starts at 62K, with premium package goes to 71K. I just don't see the TRD OR starting at 62K. It seems as they are positioning the LC as a touch more luxury then 4R, so idealistically pricing should be between Taco and LC, at least I hope so.

I wouldn't be surprised if it falls somewhere in the middle of KBB and C&D.

OP
OP
Bronconomore

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I disagree. The LC standard starts at 62K, with premium package goes to 71K. I just don't see the TRD OR starting at 62K. It seems as they are positioning the LC as a touch more luxury then 4R, so idealistically pricing should be between Taco and LC, at least I hope so.

I wouldn't be surprised if it falls somewhere in the middle of KBB and C&D.
The one set of numbers I found out of whack was the $16000.00 difference between the Limited and Platinum on the Car and Driver website. You just don't see that anywhere else.

Boobajoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Yea that doesn’t make any sense when comparing the hybrid limited to the platinum. I feel like they should be pretty close in costs.

Aren’t the only differences the tow tech package, rain sensing wiper, rear heated seats, heads up display and blackout trim? Since the hybrid limited would have full time 4wd and center lock as part of the hybrid?

Fhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRVs
The one set of numbers I found out of whack was the $16000.00 difference between the Limited and Platinum on the Car and Driver website. You just don't see that anywhere else.
I agree. The C&D estimates for platinum is too high for sure and TRD Pro too low. But almost all of KBB are likely $5-10k loo low on the hybrid trims.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
I think the KBB numbers might be a little low, but not much IMHO. Just a grand or two. However, that would be for non-hybrid trims only. Obviously the hybrid trims will cost more. Also, Toyota is adding a lot of standard features to the hybrid trim that the equivalent non-hybrid trim does not have. That is why the price difference is so large. Factoring that in, the added cost of the hybrid drivetrain is probably around $3K.