Sponsored

6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol

xornsjeh1215

SR5
Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
4runner
hey everyone,
I recently got my 6th Gen 4Runner and noticed it came with door pocket Molle panels. At first, I thought it was a cool little feature, but after looking around, I realized there are no dedicated accessories or clean mounting options for them....
I wanted a way to mount small gear like a multi-tool, flashlight, or little edc pouch securely without anything looking sloppy, dangling, or sliding around. So I fired up CAD and design my own mount system.

It fits completely flush with the door MOLLE panel, and once it's bolted in, it doesn't go anywhere. The lockup is so solid that I can literally close the door by pulling on the mounted plate itself.(I printed a quick orange PLA version to check the fitment, but the final build is printed in black PETG for heat resistance) I made sure to leave a gap behind the plate so I can easily clip in pocket knives, pens, or anything with a clip. The front face is finished with loop velcro so pouches or first aid kits sit flat against the door. You can even run two plates in a row but the second one is secured with only two bolts and stays nice and tight, though I wouldn't yank on the unbolted edge too hard lols. what do you guys think? its my first mod to my truck :)

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 0


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 1


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 3


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 6


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 8


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 9
Sponsored

 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
232
Reaction score
92
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Bad ass man!
Im surprised no one has done osomething similar yet since there are so many spots in the 4R to add these, bigger/better panels, or other types of holders etc.

Hell, you would think that one of the companies that make the rear window molle panels would offer something like this as a mounting solution vs drilling into the factory trim for securing the bottoms of the panels
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
xornsjeh1215

xornsjeh1215

SR5
Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Bad ass man!
Im surprised no one has done osomething similar yet since there are so many spots in the 4R to add these, bigger/better panels, or other types of holders etc.

Hell, you would think that one of the companies that make the rear window molle panels would off something like this as a mounting solution vs drilling into the factory trim for securing the bottoms of the panels
Appreciate it man!
You nailed it, zero chance I was drilling into my brand new truck when there are so many good spots for mount like this. Honestly surprised no aftermarket company has done this yet.
Maybe I should sell these?? :)
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
232
Reaction score
92
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Appreciate it man!
You nailed it, zero chance I was drilling into my brand new truck when there are so many good spots for mount like this. Honestly surprised no aftermarket company has done this yet.
Maybe I should sell these?? :)
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 9


Id buy some in a heart beat as long as you werent putting that NY tax on it 😂 Oh, and offer them in Bills Blue since Ive done some mods on my 4R with that color :giggle:

Seriously though, all the doors have these slots, front and back and multiple spots on the doors. The side panel of the gear shifter has them and the rear cargo area. Think of all the stuff you could potentially mount, without drilling the factory plastic, in the cargo area alone.
 
OP
OP
xornsjeh1215

xornsjeh1215

SR5
Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
4runner
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 9


Id buy some in a heart beat as long as you werent putting that NY tax on it 😂 Oh, and offer them in Bills Blue since Ive done some mods on my 4R with that color :giggle:

Seriously though, all the doors have these slots, front and back and multiple spots on the doors. The side panel of the gear shifter has them and the rear cargo area. Think of all the stuff you could potentially mount, without drilling the factory plastic, in the cargo area alone.
I will just do half of NY tax lol
you know what, let me see if I can find good bills blue filament.
If I do, I'll send you a test set for free. And good call on the cargo area, there's def a ton of space back there.
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
232
Reaction score
92
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
I will just do half of NY tax lol
you know what, let me see if I can find good bills blue filament.
If I do, I'll send you a test set for free. And good call on the cargo area, there's def a ton of space back there.
Nice! Im down

I think the cargo are has a ton of potential (the doors too) but think about all the stuff out there now, but involves drilling that you might be able to avoid now

-rear cargo shelves: use the "molle" spacer you made that tie in the shelf brackets to the cargo area "molle" tabs. The below is what Im talking about, but it would sit lower in attach to 4R "molle"
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 6th-Gen-4Runner-MOLLE-Shelf-1


-fire extinguisher, flash light, shovel, etc holders
-tons more
 

morsk

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
144
Reaction score
77
Location
NY
Vehicle(s)
2026 SR5
Nice! Im down

I think the cargo are has a ton of potential (the doors too) but think about all the stuff out there now, but involves drilling that you might be able to avoid now

-rear cargo shelves: use the "molle" spacer you made that tie in the shelf brackets to the cargo area "molle" tabs. The below is what Im talking about, but it would sit lower in attach to 4R "molle"
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol {filename}


-fire extinguisher, flash light, shovel, etc holders
-tons more
This is awesome! Is this a real product? Can you share the link? I also like the idea of creating a shelf or something in the cargo space. For me, however, I think it'd be more practical if it was lower somehow, roughly level with the little shelves that are built into the cargo area, if possible.
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 40448-8dddde0ff0bb8cbeca9f03b170ac48af
 
OP
OP
xornsjeh1215

xornsjeh1215

SR5
Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
4runner
A completely no-drill cargo shelf idea is brilliant! I mean you don't even have to buy the side window MOLLE panel which brings the total cost way down too. that's crazy.
I don't have much experience with full shelf yet, so I will def need to run some stress test on OEM panel tabs and my mounts.
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
232
Reaction score
92
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
This is awesome! Is this a real product? Can you share the link? I also like the idea of creating a shelf or something in the cargo space. For me, however, I think it'd be more practical if it was lower somehow, roughly level with the little shelves that are built into the cargo area, if possible.
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol {filename}
I dont want to derail OPs awesome thread, but yes these are real and some links below. The problem is always one or more of the below:
-have to drill into the plastics to mount them
-have to have the window molle panels to also mount them.
Next thing you know, youre in it for like $700+ and have holes all in your plastics
Victory, C4, CaliRaised, etc all have similar products
C4 Cargo Shelf
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
232
Reaction score
92
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
A completely no-drill cargo shelf idea is brilliant! I mean you don't even have to buy the side window MOLLE panel which brings the total cost way down too. that's crazy.
I don't have much experience with full shelf yet, so I will def need to run some stress test on OEM panel tabs and my mounts.
Bingo!
And even if its less weight capacity, BUT I dont have to drill into the plastics and I dont have to get all the molle window panels, etc, so its a win.

Im sure theres a ton of people like me and you that dont want to drill holes into a new vehicles interior just to add a shelf. Its the main reason I havent yet myself, not the cost. I literally put Canvasback all over my cargo are to keep the plastics nice, so Im not going to turn around and drill holes in them 😂

I also know theres a ton of people that dont care and put holes anywhere for their mods, and thats cool as well. We all want/need different things.

Id bet theres a good market for the non-drill option, especially since it should be an even easier DIY since it should all line up since there no measuring, cutting, drilling to get your holes aligned for mounting.

Or hell, even more like a giant Lego kit where its completely modular and you can change whats back there based on what trip or task youre doing.
 
OP
OP
xornsjeh1215

xornsjeh1215

SR5
Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Bingo!
And even if its less weight capacity, BUT I dont have to drill into the plastics and I dont have to get all the molle window panels, etc, so its a win.

Im sure theres a ton of people like me and you that dont want to drill holes into a new vehicles interior just to add a shelf. Its the main reason I havent yet myself, not the cost. I literally put Canvasback all over my cargo are to keep the plastics nice, so Im not going to turn around and drill holes in them 😂

I also know theres a ton of people that dont care and put holes anywhere for their mods, and thats cool as well. We all want/need different things.

Id bet theres a good market for the non-drill option, especially since it should be an even easier DIY since it should all line up since there no measuring, cutting, drilling to get your holes aligned for mounting.

Or hell, even more like a giant Lego kit where its completely modular and you can change whats back there based on what trip or task youre doing.
In that case It will 100% work.
My sr5 came with the 3rd row seats and just found out that my molle tab panel(?) pops right out. I made a new mount for this trunk panel and as you can see in the pics, it fits like a glove!
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol 1790713811266-1g
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
232
Reaction score
92
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
In that case It will 100% work.
My sr5 came with the 3rd row seats and just found out that my molle tab panel(?) pops right out. I made a new mount for this trunk panel and as you can see in the pics, it fits like a glove!
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 6th Gen 4runner door MOLLE panel - there were no accessories for it so I made one lol {filename}
Sick
Hell, depending on dimensions, Im sure theres even a way to use your MOLLE inserts/nuts/? ( you need to name them so you can patent and trademark it :cool:) with extrusions for a DIY like shelf. Then that opens the door for a shit ton of modularity; MOLLE shelves are useful as shit with straps, clips, etc but extrusions are pretty useful with all the stuff you can attach to them too and at a fraction of the cost of what can be bought right now and you can change up to suit your needs
 
Last edited:

Archer

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Apr 23, 2025
Threads
48
Messages
721
Reaction score
702
Location
Orwigsburg, Pa.
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 Runner TRD Pro
Awesome design, sign me up for some black ones. Tell me where to send the payment. (y)

P.S. There's no drilling with the Cali Raised panels or shelves. All mounting location are OEM. Completely reversible. Can't say about the rest.


.
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
232
Reaction score
92
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Awesome design, sign me up for some black ones. Tell me where to send the payment. (y)

P.S. There's no drilling with the Cali Raised panels or shelves. All mounting location are OEM. Completely reversible. Can't say about the rest.


.
Maybe no drilling, but you have to buy their window panels in order to support the shelf, cant do the shelf without them. Now youre in for $700+
 
OP
OP
xornsjeh1215

xornsjeh1215

SR5
Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Thank you @Archer Appreciate the feedback :) Please check your DM

And 100% agree with @ThatSickRIp lol. Dropping $700+ just to mount a shelf is wild. These mounts can be very handy :)
Sponsored

 
 







Top