Sponsored

Search results

  1. Spacers 1-in vs 1.25-in vs. 1.5-in, etc

    I’ve got the wider mud-flaps going in shortly plus having the outer edge of the tire out further/flush w fender flare would fill the fender well better, look better, give it a wider stance and probably handle better too. ~ So I’m looking for anyone who’s done this to a Platinum/Limited w/20-in...
  2. Spacers 1-in vs 1.25-in vs. 1.5-in, etc

    I have a 2026 Platinum & I’m looking to add some spacers to my stock 20-in wheels. Curious if anyone has done this w/20-in wheel, and how did it turn out? Photos appreciated! Secondly, any recommendations for a brand of spacer? Thanks a bunch!
  3. 275/70R17 Nokian Outpost nAT tires installed

    I had the Nokian R5’s on my 2022 Highlander Platinum and they were an amazing tire… no one could out accelerate me off the line in the snow, the traction was out of this world.
  4. 275/70R17 Nokian Outpost nAT tires installed

    ~ what were the stock tires on your Platinum? Mine are Yokohama Geolanders.
  5. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    Yes AI is often wrong, especially on a newer model when there are 9 variants to the 4Runner there could be nuances. I thought having it underhood could be possible because of the alternator being close by, so an up front location would be sensible. Since the alternator is an optional item on...
  6. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    Seems the Trailhunter and PRO may have a starting battery up front under the hood, drivers side. Any able to confirm? From Google Ai: “The 12-volt starting battery for the 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro (which features the i-FORCE MAX hybrid powertrain) requires a Type C (LN4) size battery rated at...
  7. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    I’m looking at that cubby in front of the battery… Already cut a piece of ABS for a rack… it’s 9-inches wide by 42.5 inches long, and maybe 4 or 5 inches high. Those AudioControl Epic Series amps are only less than 7 inches wide, by around 10 or 11 inches long. They’d fit well.
  8. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    I’ll let you know how it goes. I have an AudioControl Epic1000 on the way. Maybe have to put in an alternator. How big is your battery, and is it in the back?
  9. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    I was going to only run the stock amp on the rear channels so it’s not using as much power. I believe if you have the Trailhunter or TRD PRO even through they’re hybrids, they still have an alternator. Platinum and ORP do not have an alternator, to the best of my knowledge.
  10. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    If you want full DSP control, you can still use the TacoTunes harness to patch into the speaker wires when using aftermarket amplification. I'm using the PAC AP4-TY14 to get a optical signal &remote signal from the stock head unit and send that to a DSP, and then onto aftermarket amps, tying the...
  11. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    I just don't foresee sending more than 75 watts to a 3.5-in mid on the dash so no point in upgrading that wire, unless you're doing a competition or cost no object build. However I would consider upgrading the wire to the midbasses in the front & rear doors. For the tapping into the signal...
  12. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    You don't need heavier wire for mids & tweets, the stock wiring is sufficient. Most pull the sub signal from the JBL Amp harness, and send it through Audio Control (or similar) LOC and then to a a bigger sub amp. Then use heavier gauge wiring from the new amp to your new sub(s). I usually use...
  13. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    Exactly, that BestSonic solution is underwhelming to say the least. That is not going to give you HiFi sound, but the PAC w/DSP and proper amplification will be the game changer for true High Fidelity
  14. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    You decide. ~ I think the stock speakers can sound better if given proper power & sound dampening treatment, but personally I will upgrade at least the front tweeters, mids & midbasses, subs as I already have that equipment. For amp locations we all know it is tight and there aren't a lot of...
  15. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    Yes, you can either add more amps, or DSP with amps. If you just use amps you'd need to filter the signal to each speaker with a x-over (using either built in x-overs in the amp, standalone passive or active, or DSP). My intention is to do the front stage and sub with optical out to a DSP, then...
  16. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    Check this video out from Pac/Stinger, he talks about the integration & t-harness. He mentions the stock chimes etc at around 5mins 30 secs :
  17. JBL PREMIUM SYSTEM ~ NEW INFORMATION for Optical or RCA Out & DSP Integration!

    So I've started to go down the rabbit hole on the JBL system, and found something that is potentially revolutionary on what can be done to put in a serious system with outboard DSP & Amps, whilst integrating such aftermarket system with the stock 14-in head unit and not losing any of the...
  18. Issues with Taco Tunes Sub Harness?

    The signal at the front midbasses was full range/unfiltered in my 2022 Highlander Platinum (similar JBL ugraded system). I pulled the bass signal from those and it was more consistent and hit lower than the stock sub. Worked really well. Not sure if the 4runner premium system is similar, it...
  19. Need Aftermarket Storage Solutions for Cargo Area

    These look stronger w/thicker metal and one piece shelf for strength...



Top