Sponsored

Search results

  1. DIRTY POWER!!! - Power issues on AUX switches (don't run sensitive electronics like radios off AUX switches)

    even at full draw the midland pulls less then 8 amps. The AUX buttons are if anything over engineered for its application at 10. The starlink draws even less
  2. DIRTY POWER!!! - Power issues on AUX switches (don't run sensitive electronics like radios off AUX switches)

    ground was the first test performed with the ground wire eventually direct fed to hood and connected to a ground thread bolt. Grounding was definitely not the issue. I did however end up using the same under hood ground point for the antenna ground just to add some extra metal for the thing to...
  3. Disable Auto Shut-down if you don't push the Ignition Button after a Remote Start

    i recalled reading if the security system has serious concerns you will also need to physically touch the key fob to the push start button.
  4. DIRTY POWER!!! - Power issues on AUX switches (don't run sensitive electronics like radios off AUX switches)

    I want to clarify to anyone reading this thread that im NOT saying the factory AUX switches are bad or dangerous. They work great! Im running several other systems off the factory AUX system with absolutely no issues. Iv tested thoroughly after my radio issues and can confirm my BAJA lights...
  5. DIRTY POWER!!! - Power issues on AUX switches (don't run sensitive electronics like radios off AUX switches)

    forgive my ignorance, i re read your question and think i miss understood initially. as long ad the positive source is direct from 12V truck battery, you should be fine running after market switches from my experience. Running any sensitive electronics off factory AUX switches however may be an...
  6. DIRTY POWER!!! - Power issues on AUX switches (don't run sensitive electronics like radios off AUX switches)

    highly unlikely. I was only able to get clean power by attaching a pure synwave inverter to the battery direct
  7. DIRTY POWER!!! - Power issues on AUX switches (don't run sensitive electronics like radios off AUX switches)

    100% radio was fine. I tested multiple areas of possible failure including a whole new radio from my friend with identical results. Problem went away as soon as i direct connected to the 12V battery and by passed any AUX system.
  8. DIRTY POWER!!! - Power issues on AUX switches (don't run sensitive electronics like radios off AUX switches)

    I am currently running BAJA lights, warn 10s winch and ARB compressor off the AUX with no issues, dimming, surging of any sort. I think it might just be for sensitive stuff where the power will be an issue
  9. DIRTY POWER!!! - Power issues on AUX switches (don't run sensitive electronics like radios off AUX switches)

    Well, I'm finally getting close to finishing up my guide trips this summer and proud to say I now have over 13,500 hard-use overland KM on my rig. I'll be spending the next few weeks posting updates on all my thoughts in different areas and reviews of all the equipment I've added, but I wanted...
  10. Winching Issues and Factory Battery (Hybrids)

    Unfortunately you will have the same issue. The battery toyota puts in the truck from factory is meant to crank a tiny 4 cylinder engine, your winch will draw substantially more amps then the factory battery is meant for. You will need a extremely high quality AGM ment for high cranking amps...
  11. Air Lift Air Bags Suspension installed (5th gen version fits 6th gen)

    i have installed this identical system in my 2026 and it has been flawless. Roughly 4000 km of towing about a 6000 lb load with 420 lb tongue weight and they have completely made towing a breeze. You wont regret this upgrade if you tow often and regardless of them saying its for a gen 5 and not...
  12. Deciding on full rack or 3/4 roof rack

    yes. Mine is the 59 length. Anything longer would be to big IMO.
  13. Deciding on full rack or 3/4 roof rack

    iv had it on my rig for about 4 months now and i love it. Wind noise is not bad at all. Highway at 110 km/h you hear it slightly but the tire noise is more noticeable then the roof rack. All in im very happy with it. heres a pic with some stuff mounted to it last month on a trip i did.
  14. Air Lift Air Bags Suspension installed (5th gen version fits 6th gen)

    I am having mine installed monday next week. I can post an update then!
  15. ARB CKMA12 Single Compressor underhood install DIY

    Looks great man! I did the identical install as you. I used AUX 4 though and put AUX 3 for my winch. I like how u ran up into the fuse box, much cleaner then how i did it. I may need to steal your idea :! My install and rig review here...
  16. Drivers side front noise still happening

    sorry, i should give more context to help others understand. To further my experience and validation, my sound is identical to yours in The video, so much so that i was referencing your video while making my truck do it at the same time and its 100% the exact sound you have. Anything below...
  17. Drivers side front noise still happening

    I am bringing this thread back to life as i am having the identical issue. It started showing up around 2000 km and now at 3500 km and its constant between 1400 - 1500 rpm. i had my friend hold the break and gas at the same time at 1500 rom while i popped the hood and investigated. It appears...



Top