Sponsored

Search results

  1. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    I use to think that too. But I use to wonder about a couple of farmers I knew that ran big pizza cutters for decades and always said that was the way to go to not get stuck as often. Then I ran across this crazy guy on another off road forum. Not only can you get better performance off road with...
  2. Two ways that a Jeep Wrangler is better than a 4Runner

    Your 2 door Jeep is very nice. A short wheel base 2 door 4Runner with removable top would be very nice.
  3. Two ways that a Jeep Wrangler is better than a 4Runner

    A new TRD pro with disconnect and setup suspension/tire setup like your Jeep could do most everything the Jeep can do.
  4. Two ways that a Jeep Wrangler is better than a 4Runner

    Jeeps are better at collecting ducks.
  5. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    I totally understand the loss of milage with larger tires, I just don't want to make the milage worse without performance gains. For instance do I need a 35" tire on a new TRD Pro or can I do 99.9% with say a 285/75/18 that is only 1/4" less diameter and over 1" less width, less weight and much...
  6. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    I too like larger tires and a usable off road suspension but I still care about gas milage. If I'm not adding performance and its just for ascetics I don't care much about it.
  7. Ceramic coating complete

    I did not know they had a separate product for glass.
  8. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    I read somewhere that AT tires actually have less surface contact than a lower tread stock type tire and get a bit better milage for the same size tire.
  9. 1 year tires update: Falken WildPeak AT3 swap for Toyo Open Country AT3

    You should have no problem. I did it a long time ago with a rented Durango and stock tires.
  10. Ceramic coating complete

    Did you coat your windshield and windows?
  11. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    I think Good Year Ultra Terrains are offered in lower load rated models that are a lot lighter if your not rock crawling.
  12. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    It will be a multi purpose 4Runner. Pavement but also a camping, (some places I like going are hard to get to even with 4x4) off road fun, light fire road fun, and fishing spots off the beaten path. I'm semi retiring in about 9 months. Live in S Fla. but have been hiking/climbing and fishing all...
  13. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    I'll probably pull the trigger on a 27 4Runner. This site has been giving me lots of info not only on features and mods but also lately info on longevity. It will be my 5th 4Runner and might be my last. I want to build a functional truck not one just for looks.
  14. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    Excellent info, thanks. Having pizza cutters might not only give you better grip might be better milage too.
  15. Tire Poke Gas Milage Drop

    I have been wondering if tire poke leads to noticeable milage drop. I see a wide variety of posted fuel milages listed in various post and wonder how much poke contributes. On my first gen 4Runner I had large poke, big tires, large rack etc. and fuel milage dropped considerably. I don't remember...
  16. Tail of the Dragon Run in TRD ORP - 9 April 2026

    There are some epic videos of Harleys eating it on the Dragon. Looks like none of them fast, just lack of experience. The typical lock up the back brake "Had to lay her down!" stupidity.
  17. Tail of the Dragon Run in TRD ORP - 9 April 2026

    Yep every year. And not necessarily young guys on super bikes, Harley riders rank even higher.
  18. Tail of the Dragon Run in TRD ORP - 9 April 2026

    Deals Gap, later know as the Tail of the Dragon is slow, to many people, to much hype and not that much fun. Near by is the Cherohala Skyway, much much better fun road for bikes or cagers.
  19. Paint scratched and messed up from snow cleaning

    I doubt that your brush did that, but as has been said, chuck the brush. And make sure anything ( micro fiber, soft cotton etc.) is absolutely clean. If you are taking it off road a lot.... get use to much more than that! lol



Top