Sponsored

Recent content by Woodsmith

  1. Why the front fender cut outs?

  2. Why the front fender cut outs?

  3. Why the front fender cut outs?

    This is my 4th 4Runner and the second one that is the pearly white. The previous two were dark green annd silver respectively And of course I saw this one since I special ordered it. Black vehicles show dirt and dust much worse that white vehicles. That's why all of the company truck were...
  4. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    That looks great. How it it held in place? I'll still have to wash my engine bay. I'll just have to be gentle. I look at the pictures others have posted and I want my dusty engine to look like that again.
  5. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    Let us know if you do the Ark liners!
  6. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    Good idea. Mine does the same. I'll see if that's enough to spiff up the engine.
  7. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    The spot-free rinse is a good idea. I may do what I did with the previous three 4Runners I've owned. I'll use my at home pressure washer but use it from a distance so nothing gets blasted. I want my engine to look clean again, like yours.
  8. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    My thoughts too. I agree. it's fun to lift the hood and show people the amazing engineering of this hybrid engine. My only mod there are the hood struts instead of the support rod. But right now it's so dusty in there and that's the reason for my original question......can I wash off that dirt...
  9. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    You can have both with a 4Runner though. I like to keep my stuff nice.
  10. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    I agree. As long as a person uses common sense there shouldn't be a problem.
  11. Removed the steps (running boards) and air dam chin spoiler

    I took off the air dam chin and it does look better. I left the running boards on to help protect the sides from rocks and mud and snow. Plus, my wife uses the to hop up into my 4Runner.
  12. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    Thanks! I still don't know about any water in the engine compartment with all the electric motor components. I'm gonna check first.
  13. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    Maybe I was careful enough on my 5th gen. because I washed it pretty often. You have to use common sense and not over do but I never had an issue. I live in the dry, dry desert of Eastern Washington and maybe that helped. Sure was pretty when I raised to hood. ;-)
  14. Engine Cover - Why Not?

    This is kind of related to the engine cover question. My 5th gen had the cover and I pressure washed the whole engine bay (after it cooled of course) to get rid of mud and dust and leaves, etc. I read somewhere that I can't do that with my '26 iForce Max Hybrid. Any ideas on how to keep that...
  15. 1st heavy snow 4WD debacle - what can I do differently

    That's great advice. I did that when my daughter first started driving. She got very good at controlling her little Jeep Cherokee and is a capable drives now 15 years later.



Top