Yeah, “never do a diff drop on a Japanese SUV” is a pretty wild blanket statement. The entire point of a diff drop is to reduce the CV angle you just made worse by lifting the truck.
Can a cheap kit or bad install cause problems? Sure. But acting like lowering the diff slightly somehow...
Not really, you'll have to take the crash brackets off. super easy and is about 6 bolts total for both sides. Then will want to get the ARK crash bracket delete covers. So keep those bolts from before.
In terms of actual trimming, there is a little plastic piece on the wheel wheel in the back...
Right, I should have clarified. My main concern is the tune. He has the teqsport tune, and considering they are the ones helping him install I'd imagine its a custom tune of sorts. The clarity I guess I'm looking for is if I would have to go to OTT for a custom tune or reflash for the teqsport tune
Not a want but a need. I have the Sxth Element intercooler, OTT spicy tune, intake + snorkel, KN63 upgraded turbo inlet, and AWE exhaust. Curious to know if if that would be enough to support the platform.
That's awesome I'm happy to hear it! It's hard not to have fun there haha. That is interesting about 2301, I guess I have never switched directions I'll definitely give it a try in the future. Happy to help and happy you had a great time
You will have a blast. The mud is the Huckleberry section. This is trail 0204, or better known locally as the gallows. The red is where this was shot. The purple is probably the toughest area just in terms of high centering and being at the mercy of slipping into ruts if it rained recently. I...
Good question, honestly hard to tell. I took off my RTT the same time I put it on so the comparison isn't necessarily in a vacuum. It felt much quicker after but I would attribute the majority of that to the tent.
But, paired with my tune, intake, and snorkel I'd imagine better throttle...
Howdy,
Recently acquired the AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust in a trade and have been pretty happy with it. It definitely increases cabin noise a good bit. Safe to say some of the significant others out there may not be too thrilled.
Anyways, was out having a bit of fun at Wolf Den Run State Park and...
I have OME setup, 3in front and 2.5in in the rear. I have 295/75r/17's (34.4x11.6R17) in +25 offset. All I had to do to prevent slight rubbing was a crash bracket delete which is 3-4 bolts and the bracket slides up and off. Then I went with the ARK crash bracket delete covers to prevent mud and...
I live in Baltimore, my gf is a cardiac ICU nurse at Hopkins. We had a pretty solid storm here, ended up being ~13 inches over a day.
I drove my gf and two of her collegues to and from work so they didn't have to sleep at the hospital. I was one of the only cars on the road in the whole city...