Screen Size like a dashboard laptop

Sawboywv

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th gen 4runner
How are these giant screens not a “driving distraction”? I love the size of my 5th gen screen.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
I can't stand this new trend of putting televisions on the dashboard. I do a lot of driving during hours of darkness. The amount of light inside the cabin has been gradually increasing through the years. I miss, "The old days", when you could actually turn off the dash lights and all the buttons and knob lights. Now, I have to settle for, "as low as they'll go".

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
While this doesn’t bother me (I’m the guy who wants the biggest screen possible), do other cars not have a button to shut off the screen? Bottom right corner button makes it go dark, I”m assuming for this very reason of too much light inside the cabin at night. I haven’t experimented with it though to know what might turn the screen back on (approaching a turn on navigation say).

2025 Toyota 4runner Screen Size like a dashboard laptop IMG_6298

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
While this doesn’t bother me (I’m the guy who wants the biggest screen possible), do other cars not have a button to shut off the screen? Bottom right corner button makes it go dark, I”m assuming for this very reason of too much light inside the cabin at night. I haven’t experimented with it though to know what might turn the screen back on (approaching a turn on navigation say).

IMG_6298.jpeg
Bronco Sport dash.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Bronco Sport dash.
Sorry, I realize now the pic isn’t very clear if you haven’t been in one. The button on the bottom right turns off the screen. Is this not something found on other cars? Does the screen have to be on all the time? Or does it dim with other dash lighting how cars used to be? I just don’t have experience with modern cars other than the bronco sport.

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner TRD off-road
My other car is a Tesla that has a 15" center mounted display. I've driven that car at one point for 1,500 miles straight (not including charging and cat naps). While driving through the night the screen never bothered me. You get used to it.

Ziggy12

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sliverado trail boss
I don’t have the large mega screen in my Silverado but the brightness when using nav at night is obnoxious I can imagine having a huge screen blaring in my face at night while I navigate. Guess I can just switch over to my phone and listen to directions and turn off the mega screen