Sponsored

Search results

  1. Fox 2.0 vs 2.5 to improve ride quality?

    Ask Fox why it failed. Looks like the end cap is coming out rather than failing at the shaft seal which is interesting. I don’t know about Fox internals yet to make an educated guess. Could be a build issue, heat increasing the pressure in the shock and popping that out, or even topping out too...
  2. 6G hybrid -‘Rear Long storage box’

    I have an axe in there. Not because I think I’ll ever need an axe, but because it’s cool.
  3. 2026 TRD OR Everest Build. White wheels. Fox 3.2 suspension

    New parts installed! Cobb intake, AccessPort, and a custom tune from CAMtuning. The tune makes a massive difference. More power, smoother, more responsive. No noticeable changes in mpg. CAMtuning has been great to work with. Definitely recommend.
  4. Trailhunter Build: Lift & Tires Are On! Westcott front preload collar lift, OME rear spring, 35x12.5x18 Baja Boss AT tires

    Not necessarily true. You get lift adjustment by changing preload, but uncompressed length of the shock, spring rate, and preload are all factors that go into setting the nominal lift height. A lot of aftermarket shocks I’ve looked at have a longer uncompressed length than the OEM units.
  5. Trailhunter Build: Lift & Tires Are On! Westcott front preload collar lift, OME rear spring, 35x12.5x18 Baja Boss AT tires

    I don’t think you fully understand how springs work and/or are misusing the term stiffness. The force in an “ideal” spring is: Force (lbs) = spring constant (lbs/inch) * displacement (inches) “Stiffness” has a very literal meaning - it is referring to the value of the spring constant When...
  6. Trailhunter Build: Lift & Tires Are On! Westcott front preload collar lift, OME rear spring, 35x12.5x18 Baja Boss AT tires

    You’re off here. Cutting a spring makes it stiffer. Adjusting the preload doesn’t. Maybe there are some tiny 2nd order effects, but these aren’t going to matter in this context. Where I’m skeptical of the preload lifts is mostly on rebound and that’s where I had issues. On the rebound...
  7. If you designed the 2027 4Runnerđźš™, what’s the one thing you’d change?

    Yeah I’d wager that the battery placement and seat design are constrained by the chassis and suspension design decisions but I wasn’t in the room during that review 🤷‍♂️
  8. If you designed the 2027 4Runnerđźš™, what’s the one thing you’d change?

    That’s the price you pay for a solid rear axle I guess.
  9. If you designed the 2027 4Runnerđźš™, what’s the one thing you’d change?

    What do each of those 3 numbers mean? 6th gen 4Runner seats tilted back or all of the way forward? Measured how? Volume alone isn’t a great measurement because it doesn’t consider shape and usable space.
  10. If you designed the 2027 4Runnerđźš™, what’s the one thing you’d change?

    I mean…. Sure you could make a vehicle the same size as the Sequoia and give it a less powerful engine and lower towing capacity. Curb weight of a stretched 4Runner would be very close to the Sequoia. Fuel economy would end up being close. Cargo capacity if your Sequoia would end up...
  11. 2026 4Runner TRD Sport Dyno Results (Stock vs Tuned on 86 Octane)

    Awesome man. You sound like a master of your craft!
  12. 2026 Hybrid 4Runner Dyno results - Custom tune vs stock (+71whp/97wtq)

    That’s a wild increase in peak torque. I’d be very concerned with overstressing the entire bottom end and the trans, and honestly even the top end. That turbo must be doing a LOT of work that low in the rev range. What do you think your margin to the surge line is? Mind sharing wastegate duty...
  13. 2026 4Runner TRD Sport Dyno Results (Stock vs Tuned on 86 Octane)

    I’m taking the leap of faith and just ordered the custom tune + cobb intake from you. Do you know why Toyota would tune it to run lean in the “torque” region? Purely for emissions reasons? I’d love to nerd out with you a bit over PM or something.
  14. Build advice for my daily driver use case

    Performance is great which makes it even more frustrating. I have them dialed up to 6 and the handling is awesome. Down at 1 they’re more comfortable than stock but seem to have a bit less body roll
  15. What did you do to your 6th Gen 4Runner today?? 👨🏻‍đź”§ đź§° đź› 

    Gave her a nice wash yesterday and put ceramic coating on the wheels. I figure if I’m doing white wheels I have to do it right. I swore to myself that I was going to keep her minty for a while but the light scratches from brush are already starting to pile up 🤣. It’s so fucking easy to scratch...
  16. Best bet for mounting rally lights without a steel bumper?

    Title. I want to mount a pair of Baja LP6 on my grille but I’m not feeling any of the aftermarket bumper options right now. Can anyone with a behind-the-grille light kit speak to how easy it would be to extend or modify the brackets to hold a light out front?
  17. If you designed the 2027 4Runnerđźš™, what’s the one thing you’d change?

    +100hp and +6”’of suspension travel to go compete with the Raptors



Top