Sponsored

Search results

  1. Rear diff breather valve

    You must realize that the axle isn't airtight, right?
  2. Manually Disconnect Front Sway Bar

    The SDM bar is available from Toyota for $9k, and I'm not sure if the wiring is down there Otherwise, yes you can just remove an endlink. Some ppl take off one side and zip tie the other side to the sway bar itself, but come on, its one more nut to just safely remove it. Don't remove the rear...
  3. Which of these Tire Upgrades for TRD ORP (on 2” ReadyLift leveling kit)?

    1. Especially w a 2" lift, I highly doubt you'll have to do any cutting, since its 1" larger 2. Yes they can be aired down, but its all relative. Here is the Tire and Rim Association of America (the ppl who make the load ranges) load data for 117 load index (which the Falken is) listed in...
  4. Which of these Tire Upgrades for TRD ORP (on 2” ReadyLift leveling kit)?

    Then I would rule out the SL load tires out of hand, start at the minimum of an LT tire. Airing down an SL tire is a recipe for disaster because the sidewalls are not designed to carry that much load Those sizes are pretty varied, too. The 285/70 is 33.7", 285/65 is 32.6" and 275/70 is 33.2"...
  5. 6th Gen 4Rrunn Hybrid vs. Land Cruiser Premium

    I would also say that if you're looking at the 1. $64k Platinum 4R 2. $68k Premium LC then you should also be looking at the 3. $66k GX550 Premium The styling is a choice, and the biggest complaint ppl have about the lower trim GXs is that they don't have the sway bar disconnects available...
  6. 6th Gen 4Rrunn Hybrid vs. Land Cruiser Premium

    I have an Off Road Premium, and I waffled back and forth on the Land Cruiser a lot. The way I looked at: 1. The ORP is $60k, has part time 4wd, the big screen, air conditioned seats, yadda yadda 2. The LC 1958 is $57k, but is cloth and has the small screen, but is full time 4wd. I really don't...
  7. Which of these Tire Upgrades for TRD ORP (on 2” ReadyLift leveling kit)?

    Talk about how you see "occasional off-road." Forest service roads? OHV trails? Rocks, sand, mud? Do you plan on ever airing down?
  8. All wheel Drive and part time AWD difference.

    No it cannot (that's the "full time" part)
  9. Where to Ride? NJ area or VA

    https://www.backtrackmaps.com/links/map/203050447139368220 Not gonna be any rock crawling on the east coast ones, but for true overlanding its a huge resource. The sections in Maryland up to Carlisle (going north) are much more road biased but at least its country ass roads through Amish...
  10. Biggest / largest spare tire size that fits is 33" inch tire (33's)

    I had seen this when I was between a Cruiser and my 4R, and assumed the spare tire caddy was the same
  11. What is this?

    Purse hook (bag hook is maybe better?)
  12. Southeast Toyota (SET) Racket

    Surely you've seen "the spreadsheet", and it doesn't look good for the Pro or Trailhunter anywhere. When I was looking at it I was seeing $8k in lead over the MSRP across the country for the top trims
  13. New tire options after sidewall puncture on Trailhunter.

    Looking into it further, Toyo publishes load charts for their regular tires (as a single cohort), their LT tires (again, singularly) and the Open Country MT 2. 26 29 32 35 45 55 65 75 80 P265/65R18 112S 2116 2238 2348 2469 LT265/65R18 122 e-rated 1830 2180 2510 2835 3120...
  14. New tire options after sidewall puncture on Trailhunter.

    And before someone is like, well dang, I'm getting 14-ply F-rated tires then, keep in mind that the load rating for ALL tires is measured at max pressure. Toyo makes a "regular" Open Country A/T III and an LT version. The regular support up to 11,024lbs between all four, and the LT support...
  15. New tire options after sidewall puncture on Trailhunter.

    Hey! Heritage Blue brothers! If you look at the sidewall there at 3 o'clock you see the important stuff (in small text closer to the sidewall.) 265/70R18 means the tread is 265mm wide, the sidewall is 70% of that (ie 185.5mm), its radial construction, and the hole is 18". From there is says...
  16. Grille swap to Trailhunter Grille on SR5 - install tips?

    This is the video I'm working offof to try it myself
  17. New tire options after sidewall puncture on Trailhunter.

    1. I wouldn't be quick to go right to 10-ply because of one blowout. I would check what size those OEM tires were, because if they don't start with "LT" they're SL rated. Going from SL to E rated (10-ply equivalent) tires is more than doubling the structure. The Toyo LT 265/70/18 has more than...
  18. Dogs / Pets ride-along photos thread! 🐾

    My corgs love having a rear window to tell everyone who runs this town
  19. Looking for plastic snap on sleeve for rear lift gate wiring

    Ah, I was thinking it was the tube that's broken. If it's just the tree that goes into the body, I would look for something like this https://a.co/d/45GLkML where there is a plastic tree w a zip tie on it
  20. Looking for plastic snap on sleeve for rear lift gate wiring

    Depending on how broken it is, I would just put shrink tubing over it to hold it together. There seem to be better things to spend 1k on



Top