Sponsored

Search results

  1. Safety feature almost got me killed

    After driving a few days and trying different ways to disable the PCS, I have concluded there is no way to disable it permanently using the menus on the instrument cluster. It defaults to ON every time you restart the vehicle. But, it will remember the sensitivity setting. I set it to minimum...
  2. Found a strange device under the hood

    So I pulled the fuse but the pilot led stayed on. It must have an internal battery. Then I removed the device from the vehicle and brought it in my house. The led is has started blinking an hour later. The vehicle still starts and the SiriusXM still works. The key fob still locks the doors and...
  3. Found a strange device under the hood

    I just noticed another fact possibly related to the IKON device under the hood. My key FOB has an IKON sticker on the back. and that sticker has an IMEI number on it. Hmmm.
  4. Found a strange device under the hood

    I was never told it was there. I guess I'll remove the fuse and see what happens.
  5. Found a strange device under the hood

    The board won't let me attach pics. Don't know why. They just get stuck "uploading".
  6. Found a strange device under the hood

    I was poking around under the hood, just checking things out when I noticed something connected directly to the battery via an inline fuse. The wires went to a small flat rectangular device stuck to the inside of the fender with double-sided tape. The only identifying mark I could see was a...
  7. Safety feature almost got me killed

    I will report back in a few days, but I'm reading that the Pre-Collision System, which is what I think stopped me in the middle of the road the other day, can only be disabled until the next time the car is started. If this is so, I guess my only remedy will be to wait until it actually causes...
  8. Safety feature almost got me killed

    I was exiting a side street onto a major 4-lane road. A car was approacing from the left in the left lane and I was turning right into the right lane. The 2025 4-runner decided on its own that it was not safe to do what I was doing and stopped letting me accelerate around the corner. It just...
  9. Brake Squeal Poll

    I drove through a heavy rainstorm a couple of days ago. The very next day, I heard the brake squeal in reverse. I have about 3500 miles on my TRD Sport.
  10. Rear windshield wiper

    My first Toyota was a 2009 Matrix Sport 2WD. The rear wiper has much more swing than my 2025 4R. My experience with the Matrix was really good. After owning Chevys for the previous thirty years, I had no idea any manufacturer made a really good vehicle! So, when it came time for another new...
  11. Passenger Air Bag ON Light

    2025 TRD Sport - Today for the first time, I noticed this light on in the overhead console. I was in the driver seat and my wife was in the front passenger seat. The manual says this is normal but I don't remember seeing it on before. Is it indeed normal for the truck to think it's necessary to...
  12. Feels like AC is on even when off

    I agree that the manual is practically useless in the way it's arranged. Something like the eco mode of the air conditioning should be explained early and fully. We picked up our TRD Sport at the end of March and I've been puzzled by the AC blowing cold even when it's supposedly OFF. Thank you...
  13. Rear windshield wiper

    I noticed the same thing. Would be nice if it went to at least 9'oclock.
  14. Rear Door Window Seal - Looks like its incorrectly fitted both sides

    Hmm. I wonder if this might be the reason for the wind noise some people, including me, are reporting?
  15. FM radio always has static

    I hadn't tried ours yet, so I went out to the garage and checked it out. It seems to do fine. A couple of weak stations came right in. Even the AM radio works well. I was surprised to see that it's possible to add FM and AM stations to the Favorites.
  16. Anyone else hear wind noise from the back cabin with all windows up?

    Right after I installed the factory roof rack cross bars, we started noticing a lot of wind noise starting about 40mph and increasing in volume the faster we went. It's so loud and freeway speeds that I'm seriously considering removing the cross bars until we need them.



Top