I stuck the heat pads to the back of the EKR seat covers and installed the seat covers. Added a little bit of gaffers tape at the top and bottom to help ensure they stay in place.
Just waiting on the inverter to show up before I put the console back.
I ran the truck for an hour with both sets...
The illumination signal was found at the shifter. The 12 volt wire is light blue.
I pulled out the blue wire some, shaved off a small part of the insulation, tinned the wire, and added a 8" lead. I then wrapped it all back up in tape to mimic how it looked from the factory....except I used...
As it turned out the OEM 15 amp fuse locations for the heated seats are already switched to the ignition.
I didn't do a good job photographing this but I modified the supplied harness and connected the 12 volt supply and ignition signal wires together and I used a stud on the bottom of the...
I mounted the heater control modules using 3M doubled sided tape. To prevent the wires from being abraded by a metal bracked I sliced some 1/8" tubing to act as an edge guard.
I chose to use 14 awg copper wire. It takes 6 feet to comfortably reach the center console. The 14 awg copper wire can handle a 15 amp load without generating heat and there is only a calculated 2% voltage drop.
I chose to run both seats on a single run leaving the other run for a small, 150...
I created an account to post that I am in the same process of doing this. I saw that the interior fuse box came with a 15 amp fuse for the left and right heated seats and was hoping I could find where that lead. I ended up going the same route that hasib31 djd. I will try and take some photos...