Sponsored

Recent content by Twisted

  1. DIY: Factory Fog Light Upgrade / Replacement with Baja Designs S2 Sport LED Light

    1) I feel like calling this a DIY mod is about the same as calling it a DIY car wash or a DIY fuel tank replenish. It is just bolting on someone else's work. 2) This can't be done without removing the bumper first to remove the valance. You could possibly leave the 3 screws out of the valance...
  2. Hood shaking possible fix?

    The 5th gen hood did the same but no one seemed to care as much as the 6th gen folks. When the Tacoma guys started complaining about it I noticed it on my 5th gen. Took me 5 or 6 years to notice but it was there. I pointed it out to several others who never noticed prior either.
  3. Hood shaking possible fix?

    The question you should be asking is if it is actually a problem before you attempt to fix anything.
  4. Assistance needed: integrating BantamX w/ OEM circuits/devices

    You're about to learn that there is no such thing as a high beam circuit.... The lighting in these 6th gens are mostly CANBUS. Things are not going to be as simple as you hope. I have a BantamX installed and here is how I have things setup. Fogs - I have Baja Design S2 pods for fogs. I wired...
  5. Preferred exterior car wash products & method?

    You're going to get 100 people telling you 100 different methods and each will say theirs is best. I can tell you mine, its not the best for everyone, but it is the best for me. I polished with Griots Ceramic 3 in 1 so while it isn't a ceramic coating it works real good and seems to last a long...
  6. Installed: Aspire Wide View Side Mirrors and Brite Box (High Beam, Low Beam, & Fog Light Mod)

    I stand corrected then. I did not realize it used the factory switch as a trigger as well. Can you just power the brite box with switched power so that no matter what the fogs don't stay on without the vehicle running?
  7. Installed: Aspire Wide View Side Mirrors and Brite Box (High Beam, Low Beam, & Fog Light Mod)

    The brite box is a decent little standalone unit but for those who want to save some coin you can literally just wire in any switch of your choice and a relay. The Brite Box doesn't do anything other than remove the factory switch from the equation. It doesn't so much make it so your fogs work...
  8. Guidance on the need to upgrade suspension or just do a lift on a 2025 Offroad Premium

    There is a lot to unpack there so the only comment I have is why not do the Bilstein 6112/6100 setup for less money? It is well under $2k for setup and will get you up to 3" of lift up front. Add whatever spacer or spring you want to the read and you've got a pretty nice setup for under $2k.
  9. Baja Designs S1 Hitch Light?

    I've had the hitchpod since early 2021 when it was a MESO product. When I drilled mine I had the exact same issue on my 5th gen. Talked to MESO and they were boggled as it was not that way with other 5th gens they installed on. Not sure if it was a variance in hitch design or what but I simply...
  10. Baja Designs S1 Hitch Light?

    Do you have some pictures of the setup? I have the hitch pod and have looked at the S2 setup they have but can't decide if it looks too out of place for me. I've already prewired for them but can't decide if I want to install them.
  11. Wiring harness for Baja Designs LP6

    If you don't have the factory aux switches there are a handful of aftermarket options. I went with the SPOD BantamX on mine with their oem mount panel. I weighed a lot of options and was best for me. I'd do it again if I had to do it all over again. If you have any questions about it just ask...
  12. A Cautionary Tale About Aftermarket Accessories—and an Expensive Unexpected Failure

    Not that I needed another reason to despise raptor lights on Toyotas but I can sarcastically add this to the list. (I don't actually care what others do to their own rigs. If they want to install raptor lights it makes it easier for me to profile them.)
  13. TRDORP Non Hybrid High Beam trigger wire???

    I wanted to make a short video by now but life has been hectic so I'll simply share my solution until I can make the video. I took a bit of a risk and bought the XBB unit. It is $400 with no returns but fortunately it works exactly as I had hoped...
  14. TRDORP Non Hybrid High Beam trigger wire???

    How much fun was it to get to the unit? I have a CANM8 that I was unable to get to work with the contactless reader at the headlight. I would receive a signal but couldn't decipher it or whatever. I was hoping it would be similar to the Tundra and some of those folks have had success tapping...
  15. 2025 ORP Gas Bilstein 6112/6100 help

    I'm not sure who is saying the 2.4" setting in front and stock rear springs won't squat. I have the the fronts at 2.4" and a 1" cornfed spacer in the rear with stock springs. It rides level until I put anything in back then it is debatable. I have the air lift helper bags that I want to install...



Top