You’re probably right. I bought this for my wife. She said it could tow 6K which is more than my rock crawler Jeep, but less painful than my diesel dually, that pulls my 34’ box race car trailer. The U-Haul folks were thorough in determining that the 4Runner could handle it with my lighter...
I started out with a simple pads and rotors swap, but it didn’t really move the needle. Save your money and buy XLine Power Brake US kit with 6 piston calipers, SS lines and much better rotors.
Huge difference but the OEM system is so marginal as to be scary with a sub 6K unbraked trailer or...
100% agree that safety dictates better long distance illumination at highway speeds, and better illumination in fog/rain/sleet/Snow, so I added the much brighter AlphaRexx Nova’s, and both the Baja Designs amber fog replacements for the useless OEM candles. I also have their behind the grill...
We finally and fortunately bought the Power-Brake 6 piston system with new rotors pads and SS lines. Gamechanger. Full confidence when towing my unbraked MC trailer in the hills. Much safer.
I’m with SC4Runner, but I’d add that after the mandatory OTT tune, and high clearance AWE exhaust, the Power-Brake 6 piston kit with SS lines finally made it safe to tow my motorcycle trailer which has no brakes. While it only weighs 440lbs empty, with both bikes, it’s close to 1,200Lbs, and the...
Those 3 parts are the entire OEM system. We replaced it with the AWE system, at 1,250 miles. Both systems were easy to mount or dismount, no welding or cutting. Great fit on factory hangars. We were concerned that the factory system hung low enough that it could be damaged if going Off road...
Selling all exterior lights, and cat back exhaust. Like new. Lights sold as pairs. You pay shipping. If you buy all them items I will split the shipping with you. Pickup available in the MT Pleasant area of Charleston SC
The AlphaRexx Nova lights are a huge improvement. We also have the Baja Designs amber fogs, white reverse lights (humongous improvement,) and the Baja Designs behind the grill beams coming soon. Amazing how casually Toyota sells these very heavy vehicles with marginal brakes and lights given...
I’m just returning from a Laguna in Seca Porsche track 2 day class and 4 nights in the Redwoods. The new TK500 & Mishimoto trans cooler were installed in our absence. Will take pictures. We should be getting the custom OTT tune next weekend. Our trailer has no brakes. Unloaded, it weighs...
We installed all the SXTH, OTT, Banks Power Pipes, Mishimoto remote transmission cooler and it’s getting the TK-500 turbo swap and then we will get round 2 of OTT tune to take advantage of the bigger intercooler and better snail.
Everything helps, but even with better pads and rotors, the...