My carplay disconnects on its own with my iphone 16 pro at least several times a week. Sometimes each ride. Really disappointed because when I got the car it was fine, but I assume some sort of OTA update ruined it.
I have the hybrid and notice this as well. It is worst when kicking the engine on and off, as there’s no good reliable way that I found to keep the engine on when idling. Try sitting in a parking lot for an hour killing time with the air on - the constant engine on/off cycles will drive you crazy
Looking to get access to the plastic under this window. Does anyone have any tips for pulling this panel underneath the window? I want to add some lights and run wire to it, so if I can have access to it, it would be helpful. Thanks.
Hi guys,
I made a quick video in case anyone wasn't sure about the CarTrimHome tailgate light kit. I have the 4runner ORP (powered liftgate) and it came with the correct harness for me. They sell a model for those without the power liftgate. This is a 5 minute install, was super simple, and...
I didn't see anywhere else where someone made a 4runner specific video. I used the Rav4 video someone else posted, and it was basically the same install. I uploaded that video to youtube if anyone wants to watch how to install the light:
I went through 3 different OBD2 scanners and could not get it to work with Carista on my iPhone or an android phone. Seems like Carista locked the settings down behind a paywall. Had to get the Carista dongle.
Going to try it on my ORP Hybrid which does not have a light there. From what I saw online it seems like it works on both the manual and the automatic liftgate models and is pretty plug and play. I've got mine on order yesterday. It has a 2 or 3 week ship time, for which I assume is coming from...
Just posting this so people are aware that aftermarket options are popping up for rear hatch lights, available via resellers on amazon for $50.
https://cartrimhome.com/Tailgate-Illumination-LED-Hatch-Door-Lights-Replacement-kit-For-Toyota-4Runner-2025
Edit: Also discussed on the forum here...
Thanks for the post. On a side note, what bug deflector do you have on the front hood? Wondering if maybe that would help my ever present rock chip issue.
Hi all. Looking to put on a fab fours matrix bumper but was wondering if anyone could clue me in on the estimated charge by Toyota for radar/ADAS recalibration? I sent a message to my local dealer and didn't hear back, but fabfours has a rebate for the bumper that ends this weekend. Thanks