Are you trying to use the Dongar with the OEM dashcam?
It's not the OEM dashcam, but here's how I did mine. I wanted to have the ability to switch between modes.
This isn't helpful as it relates to REI sale, but I'm using the Hele Box system. I have the Duo platform since it's usually the wife and I. If money wasn't an issue I'd probably get the single platform as well for my solo trips. The Hele platforms are very portable and fit nicely over the seats...
I don't, sorry. I'm no expert but I would think maybe it's a limitation of the ECU? Like it can't output information to more than one device at a time. Just a thought.
The Veepeak is just to allow you to connect to the car (40–50% cheaper than the Carista one). You still need the Carista app to do the customization. I got the 1 month sub and will cancel before it renews.
No pics but this morning I did some Carista customization. I changed the turn blinker from 3 flashes to 5, enabled roll down all windows with key fob, disabled seat belt dings, and turned off ESE. I saved some money getting the Veepeak OBD2 scan tool off Amazon instead of going with the Carista one.
I had the original Vault case mounted on my RAV4 rack for a while and it has held up very well. I'll be putting it on the 4Runner soon.
I found a Pelican page explaining the "Eco" branding...
All interior lighting improved
Cargo area (pillar) lighting and a hatch light standard on all trims
Map lights in front 10x brighter then the current ones
Rear seat dome light at least 2x brighter
Flip the function of the rear hatch window switch
For two row 4Runners, sacrifice some cargo...
I also have this mod — the sound difference is minimal and the clearance gained is the real benefit. My neighbors are def more annoyed with my squealing brakes (which came from the factory!) than they are with a few extra db on a cold start.