Sponsored

Recent content by Iconic Fabrication Offroad

  1. Iconic Fabrication Offroad & Transmission Cooler Kit for 4Runner 6th Gen - Introduction

    I could definitely see myself adding an engine oil cooling product in the future. I haven't really watched those temps as I've been focused on the transmission cooling for now.
  2. Iconic Fabrication Offroad & Transmission Cooler Kit for 4Runner 6th Gen - Introduction

    Yes the front bumper/grill assembly needs to be removed. Once you know how to do it it's really not that bad. I have a video linked on the cooler product page on my website on how to remove this. It's just alot of the same size bolts and push pins. There are hardlines coming from the...
  3. Iconic Fabrication Offroad & Transmission Cooler Kit for 4Runner 6th Gen - Introduction

    Short answer is no. The long answer is the new 4runners come with one of three configurations for "transmission coolers" from the factory. None of them are equivalent to the old style "tow package" aux cooler or aftermarket aux coolers. Toyota equips the new trucks with either: 1) A standard in...
  4. Iconic Fabrication Offroad & Transmission Cooler Kit for 4Runner 6th Gen - Introduction

    Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself and my business, Iconic Fabrication Offroad. I’m an engineer and Toyota 4x4 enthusiast, and I started Iconic Fabrication Offroad designing practical parts that solve problems I’ve run into myself. A big focus of the business has become transmission...
  5. 2025 4Runner Transmission Overheating on Climbs Off-Road

    Yes! I tested this with my Veepeak OBD Scanner and several apps including Torque Pro and Car Scanner ELM apps.
  6. 2025 4Runner Transmission Overheating on Climbs Off-Road

    Its available! Let me know if you have any questions. Iconic Fabrication is a new paying vendor on this forum. 3/4 of the way up the gauge could be concerning. I don't have data on my personal 4runner of going that high but the gauge is not "accurate" so to speak. Dead center on the gauge tested...
  7. Transmission fluid temps after short hill climb towing

    I did a 3 minute test like that, but haven't compiled the data yet and would like to perform a true offroad test instead of a 3 minute hill climb. The temperature was cooler but I don't recall how much. There's not alot of hills in Kansas!! :LOL:
  8. Transmission fluid temps after short hill climb towing

    Here is the first transmission cooler product available for the 6th gen 4runners. https://iconicfabricationoffroad.com/products/2024-toyota-trans-cooler-kits-coming-soon?srsltid=AfmBOop8zuriLyik9w48D0_iV79zX_Bq-9GpI0UxOsOlhUfxGj2O6gg2
  9. Does your 4Runner have a transmission thermostat?

    The 2026 4wd non hybrid Limited my local dealership has, does have a thermostat. This is with the AWD T-case. So right now I still have no idea which trucks get the thermostat and which get the sandwich cooler. @Burgi do you remember if your SR5 had the sandwich plate cooler up by the radiator?
  10. Does your 4Runner have a transmission thermostat?

    It would be amazing if I could get a few users to reply to this with their 6th gen 4runner model year and packages. And whether or not their truck has a transmission thermostat or not. This PDF outlines the 3 equipment types these 4runners can come with. My question is which models come with...



Top