Sponsored

Recent content by get.outside.75

  1. Emergency lighting suggestions

    For that, I would just get a USB rechargable Nitecore headlamp. I have a 10yr old NU20 that holds its charge like a champ. Just set a calendar reminder to charge it up in the car every 6m or so. I also got something like this that fits in the round hole spot on the driver side dash. Lights up...
  2. 6G hybrid -‘Rear Long storage box’

    I may actually throw some extra rachet straps in there myself. Other day I hauled 10' lumber pieces and would have prefered to use those instead of my bungie cords.
  3. 6G hybrid -‘Rear Long storage box’

    I have my recovery rope in there and other things I am glad to have and hope I never need since it's not the easiest accessible spot.
  4. UPDATE: I sold my Pro. "Selling my 2025 TRD Pro for a 2027 Ram RHO?"

    Well...bye! Just kidding. Hope the new truck works out and you don't get too many speeding tickets.
  5. $150 Hybrid Sleeping solution - cot & mattress

    To add info: these $6 bins from Walmart fit perfectly underneath. You can fit two under no problem and they fit between the supports so you can slide them out the back (vs the side). https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-28-Qt-Storage-Box-Plastic-Adult-White/8870703312
  6. Should I get a cot or air mattress?

    My hybrid work in progress setup here: https://www.4runner6g.com/forum/threads/150-hybrid-sleeping-solution-cot-mattress.12308/ As for air mattress vs cot - In general I sleep worlds better on a cot (with foam mattress pad) than an air mattress. Just a cot would be a hard no. Cot + blow up...
  7. $150 Hybrid Sleeping solution - cot & mattress

    Yes its the full to mid. Certainly looks tight enough to keep mosquitoes out. There are straps on the back corners to tighten it up and there is a second small (2"-ish) flap I guess you would call it, that is there so you could "stuff" into any nook/cranny on the red line. Seems very well...
  8. $150 Hybrid Sleeping solution - cot & mattress

    Adding to my budget sleep setup is a $60 never user Napier Sportsz Cove. Fits great and takes up less room than a camping chair. It was the same price as a magnetic screen for the back window and way more useful.
  9. $150 Hybrid Sleeping solution - cot & mattress

    This cot is tight as a drum, probably as tight as my Coleman Trailhead which takes quite a bit of muscle to assemble. Certainly tighter than some other cots out there. The support bars on this cot also takes some muscle by the last one. Not saying you won't sag some because it is fabric, but its...
  10. $150 Hybrid Sleeping solution - cot & mattress

    Yeah RTT for me are pretty much out as if I am out camping in any form, I will have 1-4 dogs with me and usually a wife lol. This at least gives me a cheap option if it's just me + 1-2 dogs which is pretty common if I am taking a solo backpacking trip. I typically roll into a campground in the...
  11. $150 Hybrid Sleeping solution - cot & mattress

    After some trial and error with cots and toppers, I think I have come up with the perfect budget sleeping setup. Cot - https://a.co/d/0d0xeYyi (75 x 27.5) Mattress: https://a.co/d/07eixZV9 (75x30) The cot fits perfectly without having to take any supports off. Sits level (it's a 7" raised...
  12. Canvasback Cargo Liners installed

    100% worth it. I have 4 dogs and have every piece they make for the cargo area and the rear doors. So much easier to vacuum out and protects everything. My last car had soooo many scratches, teeth marks and dog hair. I wish they had something for the headliner as I have a ton of dog hair up...
  13. Trailhunter Build: Lift & Tires Are On! Westcott front preload collar lift, OME rear spring, 35x12.5x18 Baja Boss AT tires

    You are 100% certain on all your facts...yet...I have the pre-load lift and the ride is not harsher at all. Or maybe I am just a liar. And all those people that have 2.5+ lifts on their 5th gens for a decade must have had spent a lot of money replacing all those parts every year LOL.
  14. Running Boards - Toyota OEM or aftermarket

    The OEM running boards are plastic. The top part isn’t “grippy” but you aren’t going to slip on them unless you shine them up. I don’t dislike mine at all and helps my 5’3” wife get in with the lift and bigger tires. I like that they keep chips down and can prevent dings in the parking lot. At...



Top