JMHO,
But if you say the bar is secure and doesn't move without the top brackets, I would personally take those top brackets off. In an accident alot of pressure is going to transfer to your core support instead of just smashing plastic. Again, JMHO
.
Get a plastic 4 gallon milk crate, 20 gallon propane tanks almost fit perfectly and sit flat, depending on your 5 gal gas can shape, it might work for that too.
.
Are you starting the car manually, key fob, or app?
Key fob or app, if your phone is not within a certain distance it will not connect. Work around, once the initial screen startup, push the volume and hold until it turns off, release button and let it restart and reconnect with your phone...
Awesome design, sign me up for some black ones. Tell me where to send the payment. (y)
P.S. There's no drilling with the Cali Raised panels or shelves. All mounting location are OEM. Completely reversible. Can't say about the rest.
.
You can, I've seen quite a few Pro's with snorkels on forums, it's an option. Unless your extremely lucky, your probably going to have a long wait on that.
.
Looked at them also, rear door latches are pretty high on the 6G and I agree, looks like it creates a fulcrum point and would put a lot of stress on the latch.
.
Here's the new light brackets, Dissent brackets on the left. Baja Design brackets on the right. Also glad the Dissent 's are black instead of chrome.
.
The only thing I can say is the BD supplied mount for the BD lights were too high so their sending me theirs which are suppose to be a bit shorter and able to fit the opening. I'll know more later today when I receive them.
Their (Dissent) fairlead holes are 3/8" for a regular fairlead but...
I've owned over 10 vehicles with key fob start and this 6G is by far the worse I've owned.
I must say, for the last month or two I have had more success with the key fob than I did the first 15 months of ownership. Don't know why, maybe an update?
As far as having to buy a 3rd party product...
I run anywhere between 10 and 12 psi on my rock crawler, but that's running 40's w/beadlocks.
On board air to air up.
6G I run 18psi offroad, on board air to air up.
.