Sponsored

Search results

  1. Oil Change Interval. Yes I know it has been covered over and over. My two cents.

    Michigan here, Cold is also hard on your oil, especially the shocks between a very cold start and the heat of a turbo. Even worse if you do a lot of short trips. So I'll say it too: Oil is cheap (and can/should be recycled). Peace of mind is priceless.
  2. Looking for a low-profile roof rack for the 6th Gen 4Runner?

    I've been wondering about this. Thank you for commenting on the noise level.
  3. Irishman Branch Road (forest service road) Unicoi, TN

    I'll be visiting a cousin that lives nearby there in a few months, so I'm definitely going to check this trail out. Thanks for posting the info! Does TN require permits for off-road vehicles?
  4. My Brain is Fried!

    This is your best bet as far as the warranty concerns. One correction: These wheels are 18x8 not 18x7.
  5. Former 5G owner thinking about getting a 6G. Looking forward to the comments….

    All the things you liked about the 5th gen are still intact. The fuel economy is noticeably better in either engine option, but the fuel tank remains small. After fillups, I usually see 330 miles of range (mine's a hybrid), and I get 20-22 mpg on the highway, depending on terrain. To me...
  6. 6G hybrid -‘Rear Long storage box’

    Exactly this for me. Also my hitch accessories (ball mount and D-ring) and a few ratchet straps live there. The ropes and stuff provide cushioning for the heavy items.
  7. Benefits of 285/70R18 vs 265/70R18 tires.

    You're right about the length vs width on contact patch, but I think they were referring to the area of the patch remaining the same, which is also correct. For anyone interested, here's the link to a video on this with analysis (Tinkerer's Adventure x Outdoor Auto).
  8. Just an average guy wanting to beef up my TRD Sport Premium a little....

    The widest acceptable wheel depends on offset almost as much as the width itself. How much poke are you looking to get?
  9. Upgraded 18 inch black rims, wrong spare tire, and cleaning wheel wells/liners

    Yeah... it's dumb and I was in the same situation as you. One of the features of the off-roady trims (OR, Pro, TH) is that you get a matching spare wheel/tire. By only replacing 4 with the upgraded wheels, you're left with a now-unmatching regular TRD-OR wheel. The dealer probably won't be able...
  10. Did We Make a Big Mistake? TRD Pro

    Even if you do think that driving around in winter conditions in RWD is asking for trouble, you can always just... turn the knob and not be in RWD. The last time my wife had to drive my 4Runner, it was snowing pretty heavily. She was concerned about having to shovel the driveway or park...
  11. 2025 ORP Build - BEAST Mode

    Very nice, but tell us about the trailer! đź‘€
  12. Brake Pads changed for the 2nd time in 22,000 KM - normal?

    ...I'd have enough money for a brake job!
  13. Hitch - Tongue Weight Capacity

    Even with the extra tongue weight, you're within payload specs, so there should be no suspension damage at all. If you're just moving the trailer around the yard, it should be no problem.
  14. TRD Pro Exhaust Modification Help (5th Wheel Relocation)

    NYTOP has an axle dump exhaust. Kind of expensive because it's titanium, but I haven't seen any others yet.
  15. Why did Toyota mount the oil filter housing in this location?

    A couple things to consider: This engine was used in other vehicles before the Taco/4Runner; it could be a packaging issue there, even though there isn't one here. Our engine bay is big, but maybe the Grand Highlander's isn't (prioritizing interior space there), or the Lexus NX (just a small...
  16. shipping lug nuts

    Same as well. @Butter.E.Pancakes the Marks indicate that they haven't come loose while shipping. They wipe right off, no problem.
  17. 2027 4Runner TRD Pro in new Hot Honey color -- first photos

    Yeah, the Tacomas will sit for a while because no one likes those ridiculous seats. But I get what you're saying now. I've driven a TH, and that suspension was much better what comes on the ORs. Not sure how the Pro will differ from that, but the fact that the dampers are adjustable gives some...
  18. Mr. Wolfe's Everest ORP Build Journal

    It's Heritage Blue! I'm just kidding. This is a gorgeous 911.
  19. 2027 4Runner TRD Pro in new Hot Honey color -- first photos

    Yes, exactly. You aren't going to find Pros just sitting around on a lot.



Top