I see your point about the roof. I have a roof rack, so wiring a cable along it was way easier for me. One additional thought: since you mention the USB port is solely dedicated to the Mini, why using a USB at all? You are anyway wiring to the battery and the only thing you need is an inline...
Hi @bobholthaus a few thoughts:
Why using a full enclosure if the Mini is already waterproof (IP67)? In my opinion, the limited benefit you get for the additional protection (hail is the selling proposition) is easily offset by worst cooling since the jacket is a sort of heat insulation. I...
You would check this link, there are several suggestions.
A few of those are easy removable.
https://www.4runner6g.com/forum/threads/starlink-roam-mounting-options.9026/#post-109912
Another good option is the Sherpa mount, expensive and maybe not the best option if you need easy removal, but...
This is Pelican own mounting kit:
https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/accessories/rfmt2?sku=RFMT-002-BLK
At that price, I would rather mount it with a ratchet strap.
Selling 5 take-off tires, Michelin LTX Trail 265/70 R18
Less than 1000 miles driven before removing.
One tire has been repaired for a puncture.
Pick up only at Saratoga, CA.
$400 OBO
Selling 5 take-off original ORP wheels.
Less than 1000 miles on them before removing.
No TPMS and no center badge available.
Pick up only in Saratoga, CA.
$400 OBO
I have it mounted on the roof rack. Enclosure is custom made 3D printed. I designed it so it stays flush to the rack frames. It’s very inconspicuous unless you watch with attention. I’m experimenting with a new fully enclosed top design so it doesn’t shine all white. It has 1/4 threads in case I...
I’m planning to use the unused connector that sits in the passenger side wheel well compartment (the one that other threads report being used to wire the air compressor on Trailhunter).
I would like to keep and use the existing connector so I’m looking for a mating pigtail.
I tried searching...