Sponsored

Recent content by Mattb124

  1. To Rack It or Not To Rack It

    I second the hitch rack if you are going to use it infrequently. Far less expensive and much easier to load. The considerations there are how much extra space you actually need (roof rack wins there if you need a lot), departure angle, and how much overlander street cred per dollar spent you...
  2. Bad CV axle angle

    [ The low point on my front end is the skid plate (Rival) and there was adequate clearance above it to accommodate the diff drop, so no change in ground clearance.
  3. Toyota OEM floor mats and one year review

    I ordered Weather Tech mats the week I bought my 4runner, just one of the things I swap out whenever I buy a new vehicle. Had Husky liners in my prior vehicle and like the WT a bit better, more rubbery/less plasticy so not as slick when wet or if the car wash guy decided to put armor all on them.
  4. 2025 4Runner Transmission Overheating on Climbs Off-Road

    Not only have a I experiences the transmission heating up during moderate climbs in 4H, I have gotten to the point in a couple of really steep sections where the vehicle bogged down and wouldn’t move forward even with the gas pedal to the floor. Shifting into 4L solves the issue, but I have...
  5. Seat covers-removing the seats for install

    I removed the mounting bolts (T50) but didn’t disconnect the electrical and that made it MUCH easier to connect and tighten everything under the seat. Just had to be very careful not to fully extend the electrical connectors when moving the seats around. I’d say the install took about an hour...
  6. Dobinsons Lift Kit Install Overview

    Still liking the lift. The difference in suspension feel on the ranch roads isn’t as pronounced as on the pavement, but definitely appreciating the additional ground clearance. Having the vehicle more “level” makes it harder to see over the hood which has been fun on some tight turns crossing...
  7. WeatherTech vs Lasfit floor mats

    Don’t know, but the part numbers are 401828 and 441919-1-2IM.
  8. WeatherTech vs Lasfit floor mats

    Perhaps WT is using a different material now because the feel of my WT’s is the opposite of what you and a few others have described vs the Husky mats I had in my 2018? The Husky mats were more plastic-y and had more of a tendency to curl and take a set if they shifted out of place. The WT is...
  9. PSC System is Laughable at Times

    You are able to reduce the sensitivity to the lowest level which makes it more tolerable, but that is still my biggest disappointment with the vehicle. And to make matters worse, if mine dings me 2x for following to closely in quick succession, it requires me to hit the brake pedal before it...
  10. Dobinsons Lift Kit Install Overview

    Michael was very helpful to me through the sale process, good luck!
  11. WeatherTech vs Lasfit floor mats

    Very happy with my Weathertech. I especially like how far forward their rear cargo mat goes.
  12. Dobinsons Lift Kit Install Overview

    They are 275/70/18, unfortunately the lift makes them look small. I want to keep the spare under the vehicle and that looked to be as large as I could go without modifying the vehicle.
  13. Dobinsons Lift Kit Install Overview

    After dragging my undercarriage on the roads on a friend's ranch, I decided to put a lift kit on my 2025 TRD Offroad. My 2018 G5 had a Dobinsons kit that I was happy with, so I decided to go with them again. Exit Offroad is one of their U.S. distributors and they helped me figure out what would...
  14. 4Runner Hitch Cover / Plug very PRICEY (replacement part number inside)

    I found one by Master Lock at O’Reilly’s.
  15. Front Brake Squeal Noise Fix - official TSB brakes fix! (TSB-0046-25)

    I first approached my local dealer on this issue 1/16/26 and was told the parts are on backorder and it would be approximately 11 weeks before they would receive the parts to address it. 2 weeks ago (~16 weeks after in initial contact) I followed up and the service department could give me no...



Top