Sponsored

Recent content by John2112

  1. Trouble with balancing tires

    I have those same tires, and they are awesome. Discount tire is not known for their expertise in balancing. I had a few vibrations with mine as well and while I was getting my free oil change from the dealer I got them to balance them and the problem was solved. You might do an online search for...
  2. Oil Change Interval. Yes I know it has been covered over and over. My two cents.

    That's absolutely bad advice, showing that you don't know what you're talking about. Oil passing through the turbocharger bearings reach 230 to 260°. During heavy use the oil temperature reaches 210 to 225°. To say that the engine stays at 190° is misinformed and sounds like something a...
  3. Oil Change Interval. Yes I know it has been covered over and over. My two cents.

    Driving in hot Texas heat in my Trail Hunter 3 to 4,000 mi for oil changes is not unreasonable. Turbos run extremely hot and after doing an oil analysis test with oil that was at the 5000 mile mark it had degraded significantly. People that buy 4Runners aren't concerned with waste or they would...
  4. Hood swap for Sport / Pro Scoop Hood (Black)

    It's a fake hood scoop, it serves no purpose. I chose the trail hunter because I didn't want a fake plastic hood scoop on the hood.
  5. Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage!

    Looks good. My Trail Hunter came stock with 33-in tires along with the spare, I assume they made that space the same for all models.
  6. Alpine Loop and Transfer Trail w/ Trailhunter

    Only if you're going to do some extreme rock crawling which I will not. All of those trails mentioned are fairly easy. My previous off-roaders, Jeeps and a first generation 4Runner had no underbody protection and I never had any issues. I'm not going to do the Rubicon.
  7. For the folk (most on here) modifying the 4R - Car Nut video to watch

    I ran into a ridiculous build a while back in the San Juan mountains of Colorado, it was a Jeep with way too much lift and wide tires that it wouldn't even fit down the trail. I got a little satisfaction since I was going uphill on a shelf road (I had the right away) making him back up a quarter...
  8. For the folk (most on here) modifying the 4R - Car Nut video to watch

    There may be nothing wrong with it but it is silly to build up a mall crawler.
  9. For the folk (most on here) modifying the 4R - Car Nut video to watch

    The car care nut is not wrong, a lot of us have built up vehicles and that's fine if you have the money to do it and have the money for the repairs and the premature failure of certain components. Most of us accept this as the cost of having fun. However it is kind of silly if you never go...
  10. What Should ARB Build Next for the 6th Gen 4Runner?

    I have the Trailhunter which already has ARB equipment from the factory on it which I do like. If you guys could make a front winch bumper and a rear bumper closer to what the Tacoma has that would be great. Your products always seem to be better built than the aftermarket stuff currently...
  11. Fuel injector cleaner

    I've been following him for for years and following his advice. I especially like his explanation of top tier fuel and while why that's important as well, and of course the oil recommendations.
  12. Alpine Loop and Transfer Trail w/ Trailhunter

    Yeah black bear makes me nervous as well, I've done it once. It's not a difficult Trail but honestly I think one time is enough lol. Currently up in British Columbia checking out some trails up here, awesome scenery, it's like Colorado but without all the people. That Alpine loop is nice...
  13. Alpine Loop and Transfer Trail w/ Trailhunter

    I've been driving those same trails for close to 40 years now, and tried out the 2025 Trail Hunter up there and it did well. My only suggestion, get rid of the OEM tires. The oems do okay but I went with Nokian and Outpost AT, suggested by a friend in Ouray, And he was not wrong. Superior Rock...
  14. Alpine Loop and Transfer Trail w/ Trailhunter

    The trail hunter comes with full body under protection from the factory.



Top