Sponsored

Recent content by hikeskico

  1. 255/75r17 Tires on Stock SR5 - Yokohama Geolandar AT G015

    Nice. That's not bad. Plan on putting on the same size this coming fall.
  2. Taos to Denver - Frist True Road Trip

    I live in Colorado and was visiting Taos for the weekend. :) I forgot to take the photo of the trip summary on the way down to Taos, but it was similar MPG. Beautiful town! I was hoping to hit closing weekend at the ski valley, but I was a week too late. Snowpack is an issue all over the West...
  3. Taos to Denver - Frist True Road Trip

    First real road trip with the 4Runner. Taos, NM to Denver, CO. Averaged 72 mph, and ended up with 24.7 mpg in eco mode, which honestly impressed me. I wasn't driving for mpg at all, went over a 9400 ft mountain pass, and had tons of passing power when I needed it. Stock SR5 tires, chin air dam...
  4. Westcott Design level lift kit review / feedback after 2500 miles

    Did you purchase the kit through your Toyota dealer and have them install it, or did you purchase from Westcott and then take it to the dealer for installation? If you don't mind sharing, how much did Toyota charge for the install? Thanks!
  5. SR5 Quality Issues

    That's about on par with mine
  6. 2026 4Runner Pricing / Changes / Updates / Colors - Official Announcement

    Still no SR5 Premium. Safe to say that it is now dead and gone?
  7. HVAC Questions - 2025 SR5

    Thanks for the suggestions. The 4Runner sits under a carport, so it has plenty of exposure to fresh air. I’ll try turning the A/C off and switching recirculation off before parking, but I’ve never had to do that with any of my previous vehicles (Mitsubishi, Chevy, Saturn, Subaru). If that ends...
  8. HVAC Questions - 2025 SR5

    Hey everyone. I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed a couple of things with the HVAC on the 2025 SR5 with the manual controls. Musty smell from the A/C I’m in Colorado, where it is usually pretty dry, but I am getting a musty or mildew smell from the A/C when the truck first starts up. It...
  9. Toyota Roof Crossbars - Wind Noise and Install Qs

    The crossbars have one side that is smooth and round. The other is more angled and has a “lip” or spoiler at the top. Wind noise went down for me when I faced this spoiler or lip side towards the front of the car. I took mine on a quick drive to test it out. I did think that this way was...
  10. Toyota Roof Crossbars - Wind Noise and Install Qs

    Wow. That made a HUGE difference. Lip pointing to the front is definitely the correct way for wind noise. While there is still some noise around 70ish it's nowhere near as bad. If wind noise is a problem, I'd highly recommend checking the orientation of the lip. Thanks to @Tarekith for the...
  11. Toyota Roof Crossbars - Wind Noise and Install Qs

    I just rotated the crossbars to have the lip facing the front. I'll report back once I drive on the highway and let y'all know if there was any improvement.
  12. Toyota Roof Crossbars - Wind Noise and Install Qs

    Bummer. The way the seats fold the roof is about the only place to put my skis, and still comfortably carry 4 people.
  13. Toyota Roof Crossbars - Wind Noise and Install Qs

    Interesting. Seems unintuitive to have them that way but I’ll likely try them this way too and see if I notice a difference!
  14. Transmission clunk / pop / noise going from 4H to 2H

    I’ve also noticed this. If the vehicle is moving at a decent speed ~>15mph I haven’t noticed it. Otherwise it sounds like something broke



Top