I had squeak/rattle responsibility for an OEM at one time. There was a dedicated engineer in every assembly plant and every vehicle goes over a squeak and rattle track after it's built. Lots if other resources. In my day Toyota/Ford/Hyundai had best quality and German vehicles weren't remotely...
Occasionally nice clean engineers can be useful since they understand the incredibly complex physics behind the things they work on. For example regarding Normal vs Eco mode, Normal uses more fuel and that's where the heat comes from.
2 factors cause this vibration:
1. tire/wheel quality
2. vehicle sensitivity to tire/wheel quality
There's a lot of variation in vehicle sensitivity and how bad tires need to be to cause vibration problems. The numbers you quote as acceptable would be out of spec in my experience.
The most likely root cause is tire nonuniformity (ie road force variation or R1H).
Regular balance is easy so if you're having trouble return the tires for sure. Road force balance isn't really balance, doesn't always work, and if you need it it's because of marginal or poor tire quality.
1. Portable
2. Not airing down for offroad use ever, no need for dedicated heavy duty system
3. Making sure all vehicles are at proper pressure. Carrying for emergency use.
For me just adding another 18V Ryobi tool made the most sense.
No. This phenomenon is limited to a small subset of truck enthusiasts; you will never see the topic mentioned on a car forum. If you want to get harassed get on a sports car forum and ask which tires look best.
I drove the Passport and did not finish the test drive. It lacks torque -period. I did not like the steering and handling at all. If you exceed the 8.2 inch ground clearance it will be expensive. For some people it's probably a great choice; it's huge and comfy and looks good. If I wanted...
I do not have auto 4WD in my 10 year old 5th Gen and we live in a lake-effect snow area. I may have to switch it in and out of 4WD several times just leaving the neighborhood. I don't mind a bit and it is second nature to me, but an automatic system would be better for my wife.
One quick lesson...
Noise comes from the front bar and is worst when front bar is fully forward and directly in the airflow. Recommended position for front bar is 12 inches back from full forward; there should be stickers on your roof rails showing quietest position.
In your case one reason to try a hybrid would be to compare the ride to non-hybrid. SR5 is highly capable offroad and you don't need more unless you are hard core. Limited is only trim with electronically adjustable shocks so may have best ride.
Tire pressure set high at factory to minimize flat spotting during shipment and storage. I bet your dealer didn't even check because that aint the right pressure.