Sponsored

Recent content by 4RunnerRpod-153

  1. Transmission slip (?) when taking off from a slight roll.

    last week I went on a test drive with a tech and he said that the transmission is behaving as designed, it’s normal. He said his Tacoma behaves the same way. Unfortunately he wasn’t able to explain exactly what is taking place. I do have an extended warrantee, so I’m going to stop worrying...
  2. 400W Inverter is limited to 100W while driving

    The inverter is located under the center console. Dimensions are 5” x 5.5” x 2”. There isn’t much more room to fit a larger inverter. There is some empty space there, but the shifter cable is in the way. Under the passenger seat there is hardly any room. The simplest option is use the 400...
  3. 400W Inverter is limited to 100W while driving

    Anyone had any luck with the “400 Anytime Kit” on the 6th gen? Looks like they’re out of stock for now. I’m leaning towards swapping the inverter. I’m looking at the Victron true sine wave 375VA. I used that model on my previous truck. The only concern is the size, they’re fairly bulky (10.25”...
  4. Replace OEM inverter?

    https://www.4runner6g.com/forum/threads/400w-inverter-is-limited-to-100w-while-driving.12374/
  5. Transmission slip (?) when taking off from a slight roll.

    I’m personally speculating based on speed and RPM. But it’s not super important whether it’s in 3rd or 2nd. The point still stands, that it doesn’t feel like it’s downshifting but it feels like it’s slipping.
  6. 400W Inverter is limited to 100W while driving

    Looks like the power limitation remains unchanged from the 5th gen. 1) Is there a similar workaround to the 5th gen by means of a wire harness? 2) Any YouTube videos for the 6th gen on this topic? I couldn’t find any. On the 6th gen even if there is a harness available, it looks like the...
  7. Transmission slip (?) when taking off from a slight roll.

    Good insight. Come to think about, when I drove a Land Cruiser 6 months ago I felt a similar behavior, but I assumed it had to do with the hybrid system. I still plan to get confirmation from service if I can. If, and most likely, this is done by design; I get the strategy. You’re driving...
  8. Transmission slip (?) when taking off from a slight roll.

    I just picked mine up today and I felt the same thing right away. I’m going to have service look at it next week. Doesn’t feel right. Do you guys have an update since June?
  9. Curb Weight, GVWR, Towing Capacity for 6th Gen 4runner (2025+)

    A word salad indeed, but I think it does answer our question. The 895 lbs number that we’re all referring to as a payload, is actually not a payload. It’s a number that Toyota came up with as guidance for the maximum weight the passengers and the language can add up to. If you want to add a...
  10. Tow/tounge weight capacity clarification

    I’m considering purchasing a 4Runner to tow my 4000lb trailer, but I noticed that the payload, cargo capacity on the door jamb shows 895 lbs! Why is it that low? 2 passengers + cargo + tongue weight = 300 lbs + 200 lbs + 450 lbs = 950 lbs. That’s already over the payload rating! Note that...



Top